AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACA 2013 SP1 (with Revit Architectural Suite)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Lineabove
520 Views, 4 Replies

ACA 2013 SP1 (with Revit Architectural Suite)

I use AutoCAD Architecture 2013, installed from the Revit 2013 Architectural Suite.

Recently sent an Error Report to Autodesk and in the reply I received it mentioned that I should install the current ACA Service Pack 1.

When I vist the web site, I find:

This Service Pack can be applied to AutoCAD Architecture 2013 installed from the following Autodesk Design Suites:

• Autodesk Building Design Suite 2013
  • Autodesk Factory Design Suite 2013

I see no mention of the Revit Architectural Suite.

Also, if I download and try to install anyways... I receive and ERROR that some files do not have the permissions...

Is anybody able to verify that the ACA SP1 may be installed on the ACA from the Revit Architectural Suite before I reinstall everything.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
leothebuilder
in reply to: Lineabove

You have to look for the Autocad Architecture 2013 service pack.

ACA and Revit are separate installations.

Hope the link below works, otherwise google "Autocad Architecture 2013 service pack"

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=20556359&linkID=9240658

Message 3 of 5
Lineabove
in reply to: leothebuilder

Thank you for the reply.

The Service Pack you provided the link for is the Service Pack which I am trying to install.

I find it confusing that:

The reply from the Error Report suggests that I install this Service Pack, however

The website does not indicate that this Service Pack may be installed with Architecture 2013 installed with the Revit Architecture 2013 Suite and if I do try to install I receive permission errors even though I am logged on as Administrator.

Also, I see no indication in the Communication Centre which would indicate that a Service pack is available for my installation.

This Service Pack is either,

Not applicable to Architecture 2013 installed with the Revit Architecture Suite 2013

OR

I have an issue with my installation (which is why I would be receiving the permission errors) and I would need to reinstall.

I am trying to determine the reason prior to reinstalling.

I would hate to reinstall and lose my customization only to find that after reinstalling and re-customizing I am still not able to install the Service Pack 1.

Message 4 of 5
leothebuilder

The ACA 2013 and Revit 2013 are seperate software installations.

The service pack for ACA 2013 should not have any effect on the Revit 2013 installation.

Why you are getting a permission error I have no idea.

Message 5 of 5
BillGlennie

Have you attempted to re-download the SP?  There may have been a problem with the transfer. 

As far as the Revit Architecture Suite not being listed, I am checking on the reason.  There should be no difference in the installation process.

Thanks for the report,

Bill Glennie

AutoCAD Architecture Team

Autodesk, Inc.

Bill Glennie
AutoCAD Team, including Architecture and MEP
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost