AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACA 2013 Project Navigator / Views tab / Greys out and freezes

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
803 Views, 9 Replies

ACA 2013 Project Navigator / Views tab / Greys out and freezes

Having an issue with ACA 2013 and the Project Navigator "Views Tab".

This occurs randomly when I am inserting a Model Space View into a sheet.  The text of the entire views tab will grey out (goes from black text to grey text), and then it will not let me do anything else.  All of the other tabs work fine.  I can't open any drawings, right click, drag, "Esc,"...  Nothing!  The only way to get anything to work again is save the drawing and exit out of ACA.  Upon restart of ACA, everything is back to normal.  I've even experimented with NOT saving the drawing, exited out, reopened ACA, opened the sheet, and inserted the previous attempted view.  And it works!?!

Yes, I've done the reinstall thing.  Started a new drawing thing.  Purged.  Audited.  (Scratched my head, cursed, and threw my arms up in frustration, too)  But, again this is completely random.  It's not a particular drawing or a particular project, and since I work on two different computers (office and work) I get the same reoccurance.

Has anybody else experienced this very frustrating and time wasting issue?  Since it happens without a crash record, I'm wondering if Autodesk would know about this possible bug?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
cwinches
in reply to: Anonymous

The same thing happens to me. Only restarting ACA seems to reset the view tab. Sometimes I have the best luck right clicking on the model space view and selecting "place on sheet" from the context menu. It seems like dragging to the sheet is most problematic. In my opinion it appears to be a consistant bug.

Message 3 of 10
Holger.Kloecker
in reply to: cwinches

You aren't by any chance trying to drag a view onto a sheet from a drawing in which the view has been created but the drawing itself hasn't actually been saved yet, are you?

In this case, try saving the drawing and refresh the project. Does this help?

Holger Klöcker
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

Yes, this happened to me this morning.  I dragged a model space view onto a sheet successfully, then went back to the View tab to drag another view.  Everything on the View tab is now greyed out and nothing is selectable, draggable, usable. I saved and closed Autocad and then reopened to have the View tab fully functional again.

Message 5 of 10
cwinches
in reply to: Holger.Kloecker

It does it no matter what. After restart it will work for a little while but in the end it will do the same thing again without fail. Gotta love it.

Message 6 of 10
HardArt

It's happened to me twice in the last hour.  All the other tabs work fine but nothing short of restarting the program helps.  Autocad the anti-production software strikes again.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

Holger,

Yes, the drawing is saved.  Sounds like you have a few people this is happening to?  Is it possible to have Autodesk begin investigating?

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

I wanted to ask the people that posted in this feed, are you working from two locations?

That is, I work from home and the office, and use Google Drive, Dropbox, and a flash drive to go back and forth.

Message 9 of 10
cwinches

I am only working while connected to the server where the project is located. I'm not trying to work from two locations. It just seems to happen every now and then even with files saved and project refreshed. Only restarting ACA fixes the issue albeit temporarily. 

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

Autocad just did it to me again.  Three times in a row.  And about five times last week.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost