AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACA 2013 Crashing when inserting blocks

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
rmacleod
1732 Views, 4 Replies

ACA 2013 Crashing when inserting blocks

Last week we upgraded to ACA 2013 from ACA 2012.

I am now having issues any time I try to insert a Block into any drawing - I get a Fatal Error.

I have uninstalled & reinstalled this afternoon but I am still having the same issue.

It happens when I am trying to insert blocks from both the Design Centre & also from Tool palettes.

Other users in my office do not have this problem, the only difference between my set-up & theirs is that I have installed the 'AEC Section Display & Tag Scale Hotfix' but I have tried uninstalling this but had the same results.

Has anyone else had this problem, any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
bryce.thelin
in reply to: rmacleod

Do the exact same blocks that crash your AutoCAD work successfully on your coworker's computer?

Do you have the command line showing? Try docking it to the bottom of the program or turning it off or on. See if having it one way or the other stops the crash from happening.

Bryce Thelin
AutoCAD Product Support
Message 3 of 5
rmacleod

Yes the same blocks work on other computers, the ones we use from the tool palettes are from a shared catalogue.

I will try with the command line switched on as I currently have it switched off.

Message 4 of 5
rmacleod

Sucess, with the command line switched on the blocks insert fine. Thank you.

Message 5 of 5
bryce.thelin

I am glad to hear that worked for you!  Smiley Happy

Bryce Thelin
AutoCAD Product Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost