AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACA 2013 classic view

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
twox2
1409 Views, 2 Replies

ACA 2013 classic view

Hello,

Is there a way to switch from the ribbon to classic view in ACA 2013.  We just purchased some new suites for ACA.  My office tried the ribbons in ACA 2011 and found that it actually slowed us down.  Some of us tried to stay with it, but eventually the firm went back to classic view.  With toolbars, i have what I need on my screen and don't need the ribbon.  I don't have to click home, then layer, then ?.  the toolbar icon is right on my screen. 

Is there a way to change to classic view like there was in 2011?

Do I try to use the 2011 cui files or will that screw up my 2013?

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
yanweiwen3307
in reply to: twox2

Hei

Maybe you can try Menuload and then load ACAD

Message 3 of 3
pendean
in reply to: twox2

A point worth mentioning: the RIBBON, as big as as scary as it is to many, can easily be customized to look like the clustter of toolbars you most need and use mose often. At it's most simplistic fix, dragging and dropping the panels between the tabs is all it takes.

And honestly, if you have more than a handful ot toolbars on screen at any one time you are not drafting efficiently at all, you are just wasting as much time as having the OOTB Ribbon on screen.

Don't be a victim of Out-Of-The-Box menus, part of the very expensive cost of ACA is the ability to customize: don't waste your firm's money by not doing so.

PS: don't ignore Workspaces either for better drafting-task switching.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost