AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACA 2013 ceiling issue

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
twox2
419 Views, 2 Replies

ACA 2013 ceiling issue

Hello,

We are on ACA 2011 and created a ceiling plan. Sent it to a consultant that is on ACA 2013.

The file was saved down, but when we try to make a new ceiling or copy an existing grid, we get the following:

Command: _AecCeilingGridAdd
Command not allowed because drawing contains objects from a newer version of
this application.

how to fix?

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
twox2
in reply to: twox2

I am getting into the file more and there are more problems.

The detail component manager, display manager, anything on the build ribbon does not work.

I have ACA 2011 open with 2 different files.  I switch to the other file and everything works, but when I switch to the one that was ACA 2013, none of these commands work.

Message 3 of 3
David_W_Koch
in reply to: twox2

There was a file format change in the 2013 release, just as there was with the 2010, 2007 and 2004 releases.  If you open a file created in one file format in a release that uses a later file format, the AEC objects are "promoted" to the new file format.  If you then save that file in the later release, there is no way for earlier-format releases to make use of AEC objects, even if you "save back" to the earlier format.  In fact, if your version of ACA detects future versions of AEC objects, all of the AEC modules will be disabled for that file, and you will not be able to even create new ones.

With proxy objects turned on by the 2013 user, you could open and view the file in an earlier release, but you would not be able to edit AEC objects or run AEC commands.  The 2013 user could EXPORT the file to the file format you use (2010, for ACA 2011), but that would explode the AEC objects to AutoCAD primitives.

Bottom line, if you need to share files with a team, all team members need to be using releases of the same file format.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost