AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACA 2012 unbelievably slow!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
svend007
664 Views, 3 Replies

ACA 2012 unbelievably slow!

Just installed demo of ACA2012 to try out (since we're a bit short of electrical work at the moment and overloaded with planning type work and thought it might quicken these jobs up if we could quickly get to grips with it).

Anyway, on my first trial job, the first drg created has 1 building, 3 multi-view blocks (which were created from other dwgs, converted pdf's and dgn's), and some standard Acad entities (I think the base drg was dgn converted to dwg) - file size is 3.5mb, and after opening and selecting one of the MVB's, it is taking 30 mins + to respond, if at all.

In fact sometimes I just give up and close Acad. CPU useage is at 50% for all this time.

I don't really know what to do now as this drg seems unuseable.

Anyone any ideas to try?

Is it worth trying an older version?

I've now tried the software on 3 totally different machines:-

desktop with win XP x86, 2Gb ram Core 2 duo 2.6Ghz

desktop with win 7 x64, 4GB ram Quad core 2.5GHz and,

laptop with win 7 x86, 4GB ram Dual core 2.1GHz, with pretty much the same results on each!

Cheers,

Pete B.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
bt1138
in reply to: svend007

svend:

Something must be wrong with your install or video or something. Or that file.

2012 is much faster then 2011, or 2010. It does everything faster, open, close, reload xrefs. etc.

Our experience is that is seems like the best ACA yet. Even as all our new stuff is on Revit...

Message 3 of 4
cathym

I'm also trying out the new ACA 2012 before deploying through out the office.  Also experiencing unbelievable slow down during saves or auto save.

Message 4 of 4
ntellery

Have you started with an OOTB template?  or is the drawing converted from DGN? that would be a bad mistake to start with although it shouldn't slow things down that much.  If so I would be cutting and pasting your items into a std ootb template.

www.ausaca.blogspot.com
Do you know all about the Roof Object? Learn it's secrets
http://ausaca.blogspot.com.au/p/roof-object-video-links.html

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost