AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACA 2012 - startup hangup with new profile

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
274 Views, 3 Replies

ACA 2012 - startup hangup with new profile

I created a new profile from an existing one.  Then I created a new shortcut using the new profile.  Now ACA just hangs during startup.  When I open with the other profile, works fine.

is there a way to create a log file of the startup sequence?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
MarySeufert
in reply to: Anonymous

I would start up with the old. Switch to the new and examine all of the search paths and file names to double check their validity. Especially the items you changed. Also double check your target string for any missing quotes or whack marks.

Are you only changing the highlighted portion?

ACA Shortcut Properties.png

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: MarySeufert

I made sure nothing else changed in the desktop shortcut.  all quotes, slashes, etc. are in their proper location with proper spacing.  

now, if I start ACA with the standard profile and switch to the new profile, no problems.  no errors or anything else.  double checked my Opt/files/support file search path locations, they all point to legit folders/files.

Message 4 of 4
MarySeufert
in reply to: Anonymous

This will probably be time consuming, but I would make another copy of your good profile, then make each edit one by one (or small groups), testing with a fresh startup for each change. Hopefully you can narrow it down this way.

Some reasons for the hanging might be a slow network, folder permisions, missing content (if changing CUIs, libraries etc), corrupt content... It is really tough to try to pin point it without seeing your environment.

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost