AutoCAD Architecture General Discussion

AutoCAD Architecture General Discussion

Contributor
andreas.pettersson
Message 1 of 3 (490 Views)

ACA 2012 crash with empty error message on exit

490 Views, 2 Replies
06-27-2012 12:12 AM

When a user closes ACA 2012 (sp2)he gets an empty crash message. Anyone recognize it and have a solution? 

We are running win7 64bit.

ACA_empty_dialog_crash.jpg

*Expert Elite*
MarySeufert
Message 2 of 3 (481 Views)

Re: ACA 2012 crash with empty error message on exit

06-27-2012 08:34 AM in reply to: andreas.pettersson

This isn't a crash technically... You are already closing your AutoCAD Vertical session when this comes up. From a few threads that I have read, basically your session is holding onto an AEC module during the exit process, and the session isn't releasing it properly as it closes.

This is a very harmless error. Some have claimed that it is due to installing 2013. I disagree since I get the error and have never installed 2013! Some have reported that a repair of 2012 pruducts fixes the error. Again not my experience.

Here are some of the threads...

DON"T LOAD 2013

Best Error Message Ever

Unknown error on Shutdown

C3D2012 is giving me the silent treatment

The last thread gives what I think is the best plausible reason for the error, see Peter Funk's reply no 11. ~ Mary

andreas.pettersson
Message 3 of 3 (458 Views)

Re: ACA 2012 crash with empty error message on exit

07-03-2012 10:33 AM in reply to: MarySeufert

Thanx i will look at the links you provided :smileyhappy:

I too have never installed 2013, havnt tried repair yet, that seldom works imho, uninstall and reinstall often works better with strange errors!

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!