AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACA 2011 Refresh/Re-Path xref problem

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
BBP-Arch
261 Views, 1 Reply

ACA 2011 Refresh/Re-Path xref problem

Ok, so... we recently got new workstations and we're up and running. We have a new problem that did not used to happen w/ the old workstations...FYI I configured everything, so there definitely could be a loose nut behind the wheel here...

Two of us in the office. We're working on the same project. I created a new sheet. My partner cannot see the sheet in his Project Navigator in the Sheet Tab> Sheet View...nor Explorer View. He hits Refresh...nothing. We've tried renaming the directory that its in on the server so it will re-path...still doesn't show up. What gives? I created the sheet in the PN>Sheet View, rt-click on the appropriate subset and hit New>Sheet.

Oh, one other problem: when many drawings are open at once, I hit Ctrl+Tab to scroll through them. When I do this shortly after having launched ACAD, it works fine. But as the day goes on, a delay begins to develop each time I tab to another drawing...eventually I get frustrated w/ the delay being 5-7 seconds, so I close Autocad, re-open it and it starts over. These workstations are brand new, and very ballsy.

Confused.

Scott

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
leothebuilder
in reply to: BBP-Arch

Are you working with the Project Navigator or the Sheet Set Manager?

When you mention that the sheet cannot be seen in the PN - sheet tab, nor can it be seen in PN-Explorer view something is awry as the PN does not have an Explorer tab. The SSM does have an explorer tab.

As far as cycling trough open drawings, how many files do you have open, are they large files ?

I use the same method to cycle through open drawings, but never have more than about 6 files open.

I've seen a co-worker with about 30 files open. Yup 30 open files. And wonders why the pooter crashes.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost