AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACA 2011 crashing

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
pkolarik
561 Views, 0 Replies

ACA 2011 crashing

Every day now for the last week or so my aca 2011 has been crashing. The type of crash varies:

Some days it was an out of memory error, other days it was a "fatal error" or some type, and today it was just a simple crash to the desktop.. no warning, no error message, nothing.

Each time the crashes have happened in the afternoon, somewhere between 1:30 and 3:00 pm so far. There isn't anything scheduled to run on my computer, etc., during that time anywhere.

The out of memory errors I believe I'd been in a higher than "normal" number of drawings preceding those crashes (somewhere around 25-30.. although before upgrading to 2011 I was able to open/close around 60 or more in aca2008 before it crashed with an out of memory error).

The rest of the crashes there has been nothing spectacular going on;  today I was double-clicking to open the text editor in fact, when it crashed to the desktop without any error message.

When I first upgraded to 2011 I suffered thru the "trim bug" that crashed it whenever I used the trim command. After that fix came out it worked fine for about 1 - 1 1/2 weeks before this "afternoon crashing" began. It had never had these types of crashes prior to the "trim bug" hotfix coming out. There hasn't been anything new installed either on my computer or on the server in that time.

System specs:

256mb ATI Radeon X1300Pro

Dual core 6700 @ 2.66ghz

4 GB ram (using 3gb)

Win XP

Anyone have any ideas on how to solve this? I still have aca2008 installed on this computer and may well find myself going back to it if this is going to continue every day like this.

Thanks,

Paul

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost