AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACA 2009 Object Snap Settings Dialog Box icons missed

18 REPLIES 18
Message 1 of 19
Anonymous
1922 Views, 18 Replies

ACA 2009 Object Snap Settings Dialog Box icons missed

Hi,

I noticed that icons existing in ACA 2009's Object Snap Settings Dialog Box disappeared! Anyone had this problem too? Is there any solution?

Cheers,

Architect Antonio Fontenele

P.S.: I am attaching a Print Screen of that dialog box.
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
3wood
in reply to: Anonymous

Don't know what happened but I guess you can still set the object snap settings by change the variable "osmode".
Enter OSMODE in command line and designate a integer for it.
The setting is stored as a bitcode using the sum of the following values:
0 NONe
1 ENDpoint
2 MIDpoint
4 CENter
8 NODe
16 QUAdrant
32 INTersection
64 INSertion
128 PERpendicular
256 TANgent
512 NEArest
1024 Clears all object snaps
2048 APParent Intersection
4096 EXTension
8192 PARallel
To specify more than one object snap, enter the sum of their values. For example, entering 3 specifies the Endpoint (bitcode 1) and Midpoint (bitcode 2) object snaps. Entering 16383 specifies all object snaps.

Once you find out the combination figure of your favorite object snap setting, you can type in the command line whenever you need it.

3wood
http://sites.google.com/site/cadkits/
Message 3 of 19
Anonymous

3wood,

Thank you very much for the OSMODE tip! I think this is will help me while I figure out what is going on with OSNAP Settings Dialog Box. Actually, I can still right-click over OSNAP icon in the Tray and I choose how Object Snap I want to activate or not. The only problem is that Dialog Box with no icons inside.

Cheers,

Architect Antonio Fontenele
Message 4 of 19
OcciMO

BTW is there a solution for this or do I have to upgrade to 2010? Thanks
Message 5 of 19
wstewart

In ACA 2010:

Kind of a similar problem, but instead of being an empty list box, the text is jumbled up.

Edit to add: Just got a note back from Adesk support. I'm using Windows 7 and it appears this could be an issue with Windows 7 and ACA 2010. Edited by: wstewart@blrb.com on Jan 11, 2010 11:32 AM
Message 6 of 19
mrwwilliams2

Sounds about right... I am having similar problems with AutoCAD 2010 on Windows 7 64bit.
Message 7 of 19
Anonymous

On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 05:49:29 -0800, mrwwilliams2 <> wrote:

>Sounds about right... I am having similar problems with AutoCAD 2010 on Windows 7 64bit.

Me three.

Ten bucks says it's a .NET issue.

Matt
matt@stachoni.com
Message 8 of 19
wstewart

That's my guess too. Reinstalling .NET was the first thing I tried in order to fix it. No love of course.
Message 9 of 19
Anonymous

On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 08:40:51 -0800, wstewart@blrb.com <> wrote:

>That's my guess too. Reinstalling .NET was the first thing I tried in order to fix it. No love of course.

BTW, what video card are you using?

Matt
matt@stachoni.com
Message 10 of 19
wstewart

Nvidia Quadro FX 1800
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 08:02:38 -0800, wstewart@blrb.com <> wrote:

>Nvidia Quadro FX 1800

I'm seeing it on my Precision notebook's QuadroFX 360M. Tonight I'll test it on
my home PC which uses an ATi card.

Matt
matt@stachoni.com
Message 12 of 19
dmadrugo

This issue is from the windows 7, Autocad Architecture 2009 and Autocad Architecture 2010 but only when you are using the AutoCAD Architecture (US Metric) profile, if you use the AutoCAD Architecture (US Imperial) profile or the AutoCAD Architecture (UK) profile, you don´t have this problem.

I tried to fix it and make a save as of the "Metric profile" and edit it with word office and delete the following lines:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R18.0\ACAD-8004:409\Profiles\AutoCAD Architecture (US Metric)\Dialogs\DrawingSettingsDialog\AdskOsnapTab]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R18.0\ACAD-8004:409\Profiles\AutoCAD Architecture (US Metric)\Dialogs\DrawingSettingsDialog\AdskOsnapTab\GroupExts]
"AecArchX.arx"="AecArchX.arx"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R18.0\ACAD-8004:409\Profiles\AutoCAD Architecture (US Metric)\Dialogs\DrawingSettingsDialog\TabExtensions]
"acmgd.dll"="acmgd.dll"

After this i save the file and import it in the profile import of autocad. I was very happy because it works the osnap boxe was ok like it appears in the Imperial profile.

when i close the Autocad Architecture 2010 and restart again i had the same problem the osnap boxe ís empty again. When we start acad.exe something writes the metric profile again with the tree deleted registry lines.

I tried to delete them from the registry but they appear again when we start acad.exe

This tree files don´t exist in the other profiles only in the metric.

Waiting for a solution that i think is not going to happen because this it is the metric profile and not the Imperial profile.....

Best regards

Duarte Madrugo
Message 13 of 19
mrwwilliams2

I have this issue with the imperial profile...?
Message 14 of 19
dmadrugo

Ok, maybe the Portuguese version of windows 7 64 works ok with the Architecture Imperial Profile. When i change from Metric to Imperial the drafting settings box it is ok. It is strange that the box layout is diferent from Metric to Imperial. I tried also with windows vista and it works ok in Imperial and in Metric but the box layout it is diferent too.

In windows 7 32 PT the osnap box is empty, with windows 7 64 PT we saw the several check box, and when we try to "pick" them they change place and change from "near" to "mid" from "mid" to "center" ......

I think autodesk is going to release the Autocad Architecture 2011 and is not going to give us a solution.

Best Regards

Duarte Madrugo
Message 15 of 19
mrwwilliams2

Not sure about that... I can say this version on AutoCAD is the worst. Our systems have to be rebooted two and sometimes three or four times a day. And why is it soooo slow to switch between drawings??
Message 16 of 19
El_Conquistador

Thanks Duarte for doing the hard work in figuring out this work around out.

As stated changing the registry worked to bring back the osnap dialog box, temporarily. I limited the permissions to modify this setting and it seems to have "stuck". The only thing I'm really missing is the "AutoCAD Architecture" below the genral osnap settings which has the "Allow general osnap settings to act upon wall justification line" check box. Not sure where it went or whether it is important to your usage but I can visually see my osnaps so I am a happy camper. I'm sure there is a system variable out there that will check or uncheck the justification box, whether you can see it or not.

Thanks,
Steve Egbert
Message 17 of 19
chazkelly

Was a solution ever provided for this problem?  I am using AutoCAD 2010.

Can't find a solution from any resource.

Object Snap Dialog selection boxes & text overlapping

Message 18 of 19
WillO1

I'm using MEP 2009 and have the same problem.  Does anyone know of a fix for this?    Has anyone found a solution?  Thanks.

Message 19 of 19
Anonymous

I am having this issue too with AutoCAD Architecture 2010, except I don't see the OSNAPS in the dialogue box at all.. I attached a photo of what I am seeing so you can see for yourselves..

We use AutoCAD Architecture, 3D Map and Civil here at my work, all 2010, and Architecture is the only here that is having the OSNAP issue in Windows 7..

Here is what I did, kind of an easy work around. When AutoCAD Architecture is installed I wind up getting 2 different AutoCAD Icons on my desktop. One is AutoCAD Architecture (US Imperial) and the other is AutoCAD 2010 - English.. What I did was open the AutoCAD 2010 - English because the OSNAPS show up there. So you can then set your OSNAPS there and they do carry over to AutoCAD Architecture (US Imperial).... For me that was the easiest work around until Autodesk fixes it... 

But if they've had this problem since 2009 release.. Don't hold your breath.. lol!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost