AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACA 14 transition

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
calfcreek_2
342 Views, 4 Replies

ACA 14 transition

Our office will be transitioning from ACA 2009 to ACA 2014. I will be running 2014 for a while to find the glitches before we implement office wide. When opening the PN, the warning about AEC objects and newer vs. older versions appears. I'm familiar with this, however I have a question:

Does simply opening a project created in 2009 with 2014 cause the 'Project' to become 2014? IOW's can I open a 2009 project, work within it, SaveAs 2007 drawing each time, without causing the project to become '2014' and thereby unusable by other office personnel still using 2009?

Thank you in advance for your time.

Keith D. Rodebush

RA

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
John.W.Mumaw
in reply to: calfcreek_2

Keith,

As far as I know, just making the project current won't affect the project files, but opening a drawing and saving it will make it unusable for 2009 users.  It won't matter if you save it down to a 2007 version, it's still going to be a 2014 drawing that's saved down and there's no ability to convert AEC elements to earlier formats.

For testing on existing projects, I would make a copy of the entire project and do your testing on the copy.

Also, be aware that for xreffed files that have annotative objects in them.  If, in the host drawing, a new scale is needed, it will be generated and saved in the xreffed drawing.  If the xreffed drawing is an older version it will be updated even if you never save the host drawing.

John

John W. Mumaw
Timber Frame Designer
Lost Bent Woodworking & Design
Message 3 of 5
calfcreek_2
in reply to: John.W.Mumaw

Wow. Thanks John. You saved me a lot of heartache!! LOL.

Appreciate your input.

Keith D. Rodebush

RA

Message 4 of 5
John.W.Mumaw

You're welcome.  Glad I could help.

John W. Mumaw
Timber Frame Designer
Lost Bent Woodworking & Design
Message 5 of 5
EMARTINEZCAD

Hello,we are having problems between computers , since some of them have autocad 14 LT, and others autocad 12.

Every time we open a file that was saved on the 14LT computer form the 12 computer, we receive the proxy sign and also we need to create a wblock (new file) in order to be able to use other commands like units, fillet etc...

Are you aware of any solution for this issue? Please let me know.

Thanks

EM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost