AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACA 08 OSNAP Shortcut Menu

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
K. Schneider
206 Views, 5 Replies

ACA 08 OSNAP Shortcut Menu

I am testing the first build of my deployment and have somehow managed to lose the SHIFT+RightClick shortcut menu for OSNAP's. The only function shift is performing in a command is ORTHO.
I am using an Enterprise CUI with a user customized main. I have already replaced the "Object Snap Cursor Menu" part in the "Shortcut Menus" section of the Enterprise CUI. I have even tried adding that to the customizable CUI.
The Profile Options settings are all correct. Is there another hidden part that plays a part in "shift+click" options?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
~~
Kyle Schneider
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: K. Schneider

K. Schneider wrote:
> I am testing the first build of my deployment and have somehow managed to lose the SHIFT+RightClick shortcut menu for OSNAP's.

Having the shortcut menu in the CUI, but not mapped to a mouse button
may be it.
In the CUI editor check that "Mouse Buttons > Shift+Click > Button2" is
still set to the Snap Menu and that the snap menu's diesel expression is
$P0=SNAP $p0=*

Try reverting to a stock CUI (ADT.CUI) if that does not work to ensure
the issue is actually in the CUI and not somewhere else like your mouse
driver.

--
David Kurtz
Autodesk
Message 3 of 6
K. Schneider

The button is mapped correctly. I tried it with the ADT.cui as my main and it worked fine. So I went through and deleted all keyboard shortcuts, shortcut menus, mouse buttons, legacy tablet menu & buttons, and the double click options. I then re-imported them from the ADT.cui that I tested, and it still won't work. None of the other SHIFT+RC shortcut menus work, they all return SETVAR as the last command.

~~
Kyle Schneider
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

K. Schneider wrote:
> The button is mapped correctly. I tried it with the ADT.cui as my main and it worked fine. So I went through and deleted all keyboard shortcuts, shortcut menus, mouse buttons, legacy tablet menu & buttons, and the double click options. I then re-imported them from the ADT.cui that I tested, and it still won't work. None of the other SHIFT+RC shortcut menus work, they all return SETVAR as the last command.

Interesting. The *only* change you made was using the ADT.cui when you
tested that (no profile change)?

If so feel free to zip up your CUI and attach it to this message and I
will see what it does on my test machine (using 2008 correct?).

Also, did you start your customizations from the ADT.cui for your
"enterprise" setting or did you start from scratch (or perhaps custom.cui?)

--
David Kurtz
Autodesk
Message 5 of 6
K. Schneider

Yes I'm using ACA 2008. I did not change the profile when switching to the ADT.cui. I started my enterprise customizations from a blank CUI (created from scratch in the CUI editor). I have attached the culprit CUI. Thank You for your help.

~~
Kyle Schneider
Message 6 of 6
K. Schneider

The problem is fixed now. After re-reading your post I copied the adt.cui, renamed it, then built our enterprise off of that. I would still like to know what caused that... Why building it from scratch rendered that kind of error... Thank you for your help.

~~
Kyle Schneider

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost