AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4k problems

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
msylvest
3641 Views, 3 Replies

4k problems

I bought a 4k laptop and certain things do not appear correctly.  Specifically, parts of the properties menu are off.  Is there a way to adjust this?  Thank you for any help.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
John.W.Mumaw
in reply to: msylvest

Is text scaling set to 200%?  If so, try 150% and see what happens.

John

John W. Mumaw
Timber Frame Designer
Lost Bent Woodworking & Design
Message 3 of 4
msylvest
in reply to: John.W.Mumaw

Actually figured out the problem while trying to fix Revit.  Revit was unusable, thought it was 4k display, searched and found that if you adjust display scaling to 150% or lower (control panel->display) everything was fine in revit and autocad.  Thanks for the help.

Message 4 of 4

Quick fix that is not perfect but working well for me. With DPI scaling set to 200% in my case, but this will work with whatever scaling you want, right click the shortcut to autodesk, slect properties, and change the link to: 

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2014\acad.exe" /product ACAD /language "en-US" /high-dpi-support=0 /force-device-scale-factor=1 

Assuning that you installed autoCAD in the defult location, you should be able to copy and paste the above, otherwise append  /high-dpi-support=0 /force-device-scale-factor=1  after /product ACAD /language "en-US" 

Its not a perfect solution, but is working well for me in AutoCAD and for many applications. Pallet icons are still small, but text  and the banner at the top is almost perfect. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost