AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2D VIEW FROM 3D MODEL

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
luqueta17
3280 Views, 1 Reply

2D VIEW FROM 3D MODEL

Hi everyone,

I got a 3D model from a building but somehow it is not solid, you can "see trough the walls" (as in image attached). I want to create a plan view for each floor and a side view from this 3d model.

Can anyone help?

I hope I've been clear enough.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
David_W_Koch
in reply to: luqueta17

Your image shows a non-orthogonal view with what appears to be the 2D Wireframe visual style current. (It could be the Wireframe visual style, also.) Try changing the visual style to one of the shaded views if you do not want to see through the items.

As for plan and elevation views, was the model created with AutoCAD Architecture and/or AutoCAD MEP objects? If so, changing the view direction to Top (and setting an appropriate Display Configuration, if the current one is not appropriate) should give you a plan view. Elevations could either be generated using the 2D Section/Elevation tools or by changing the view direction to Front, Left, Right or Back (for exterior elevations). Interior elevations or sections could be done using a Live Section to cut away objects in front of the desired view and setting a Front, Left, Right or Back view direction.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost