AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

2D to 3D switch/toolbar

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
c.leitch
20083 Views, 10 Replies

2D to 3D switch/toolbar

One of our new users says they learned a way to switch from a 2D model to 3D via a toolbar located at the bottom the the ACAD dashboard.

We use ACA2009.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Mike.Lamka
in reply to: c.leitch

I'm on ACA 2008 and don't see a button to do that anywhere.  You could ask your coworker where they saw it at.

Message 3 of 11
c.leitch
in reply to: Mike.Lamka

Thanks mlamka, they dont remember, it was something that was already setup for them. Ive tried various cui loads but havent seen anything likely to do that.

Message 4 of 11
pendean

Switch? Did they just rotate the UCS or View with this button, or is that all you need to do?

-VIEW command (note the dash in the name), the type SWISO for a SouthWest ISOmetric view of your model. Icons (where ever they are, toolbar or the now-dead Dashboard) looks like a rotated 3D box with a side shaded.

Message 5 of 11
c.leitch
in reply to: pendean

Hi Dean

A bit more info: It seems to be a 'Workspace' that we dont have for some reason, that should show up on the 'gearbox' tool. The menu has 3D Basics, 2D Drafting & Annotation; 3D Modeling; AutoCAD Classic; Save Current As...; Workspace Settings; Customize...

I remember asking the trainer about the ACAD Classic when we upgraded but even he was unable to find the menu. We've had big troubles with installs here. I have 30 machines and probably 20 different installs, even thru an image. Never could figure out why.

Thanks

Message 6 of 11
pendean

all ACA versions require a custom install, and a specific box to be checked, to get the "run as AutoCAD" option and classic menus (if that is what you seek).

Now, I don't remember 2009 having a 'dashboard', but like ACA2008, you can turn on and off all the options in it right on the panel itself. And the magic button you seek is PERSPECTIVE command I suspect, 1 turns it on, 0 turns it off.

Message 7 of 11
c.leitch

Hi Dean

Im not quite sure that's it, which is ok cause Im not quite sure what Im looking for anyways. I did the installs myself, of course years ago now, custom install, and the only items left unchecked were the LISP Tutorials. Still, via image or manual install, we got different results. Some are missing the 'big red A', others missing the menus beside that (quick launch I think it was called). Sorry I think my language of all the proper names may be misleading as well. But anyways, Im trying to attach a pic of what Im looking for, maybe that will help.

Very much appreciate all your input:)

Message 8 of 11
pendean

That's only available if you are running ACA "as AutoCAD" using the AutoCAD-only profile: and unless you deleted it of course, it can also be found in the 'as AutoCAD" only CUI file, the ACAD.CUI.

Message 9 of 11
c.leitch

Ahh, gotcha, I will give that a try.

Thanks

Message 10 of 11
c.leitch

Hi Dean

Have loaded the ACAD.cui and it moves the toolbars around and adds some (and some duplicates) but still no sign of what we are looking for:(

Frustrating too because it blows away my settings and I have to redo my layout of tools. Also no sign of the ACAD profile in options?

We are all machine admins so its not that.

Not sure what else to think of.

Thanks

~ Ok just had the ACAD profile show up. Have some functionality but not exactly what we were going for. See pic.

Message 11 of 11
pendean

We skipped over ACA2009, so I do not have a seat to test it for you: sorry. But we had ACA2008 and it seems to do the same as ACA2011 (screenshots I posted last), and has what you want.

Maybe someone here can share a 2009 ACAD.CUI file for you to try.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

ā€Boost