AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

2D Section Hatching

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
BBP-Arch
422 Views, 3 Replies

2D Section Hatching

ACA2011

Hi. About a month ago I asked a question about how to change the hatching in a section. At the time I was asking about a Live Section, but I've since embarked to solve this in a 2D section as well. Lance Edwards posted a very informative response in a video. Very helpful, thanks Lance.

However...

I used the technique he showed: changing the section hatch in the display properties of the material being used via the Style Manager. It works great EXCEPT if I choose Solid FIll, which is the one I wanted in the first place. I can change the material's section hatch to anything and it works, BUT if I change it to Solid Fill, I get no hatching at all. I've tried changing scale, rotation, etc....bupkis.

Is this a bug?

Thanks,

Scott

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
David_W_Koch
in reply to: BBP-Arch

The routine behind the 2D Section/Elevation generation does not do solid fill - it only does linework.  You can use a hatch with closely spaced parallel lines with a lineweight sufficiently wide to fill the space between the lines to achieve a similar result.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 4
BBP-Arch
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Aha, got it, thanks!

Message 4 of 4
dla01
in reply to: BBP-Arch

will autodesk ever correct this problem? It works in  revit.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

ā€Boost