AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2d Section/Elevation are broken in Autocad Architecture 2015 SP2

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
E-Lavoie
1565 Views, 14 Replies

2d Section/Elevation are broken in Autocad Architecture 2015 SP2

They where boggy before SP2, now they are really bad. Only a small part of the shrinkwrap show up.

I have to go in autocad architecture 2014 to refresh my elevation or section, for having them show up right.

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Pothman
in reply to: E-Lavoie

Any chance that you can post your files here so I can test with them and also include a screen capture showing what they look like in 2014 and the difference in 2015? The only setting that has been added with sections is the AECENABLESECTIONCLEANUP setting. Try turning this ON and see if you get better results.

Dave Pothier

Message 3 of 15
E-Lavoie
in reply to: Pothman

Here is an exemple, i refreshed 1 copy in 2015 and the other in 2014.

I tryed with AECENABLESECTIONCLEANUP, but got the same result.

Message 4 of 15
Pothman

Thanks for the drawing - however I can't troubleshoot the section since your source model is missing from the file. Can you post a version of the drawing with the geometry that is used to generate the section?

Dave Pothier

Message 5 of 15
E-Lavoie

With the model

Message 6 of 15
Pothman

Not sure why the section is in this state but you can fix it by picking on the section, selecting Edit Style from the ribbon and turning ON (checking) the "Maintain layer, color, linetype properties from the display set used during generation" on the Design Rules tab, hit OK and then Refresh the section. Linework will then be correct but now with the colors that you appear to want. Next do the same thing but uncheck the setting in the Style and again refresh the section and it displays just like the 2014 section.

Hope that this helps

Dave Pothier

Message 7 of 15
E-Lavoie

I tryed it, but it didnt change anything. Each time i refresh, with or with out Maintain layer, color, linetype properties from the display set used during generation, it still buggy.

Message 8 of 15
Pothman

After doing some more testing on this I discovered that I was using 2015 with Service Pack 1 on my laptop and the section was displaying correctly there. However, it does not display correctly on my desktop that has Service Pack 2 installed. Looks like the answer for this issue is to roll back to SP1. I will log this issue with development.

Dave Pothier

Message 9 of 15
E-Lavoie

Good to know its not only me.

I will continue to refresh them on Architecture 2014 until a new patch get out. SP1 had other problem with section elevation, so its not worrth the time for a rolle back.

Thank you for your help.

Message 10 of 15
bogdan.dico

Finally found someone with the same problem as we have. The difference is we had it since April, through all Service packs on all 40 computers in our firm.

The problem is exactly like the one in 2013, where they pulled out this hotfix:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-architecture/downloads/caas/downloads/content/aec-sect...

For this version, still no fix. I opened a case for it, the person assigned to the case received the model, could reproduce it and sent it to development, in May. So far no solution.

I'm posting here some screenshots as the model is fairly big and it can't be uploaded (I can send it directly if someone wants it).

Capture 1 for version 2014 and 2015 (the first 2 pictures) as well as the third picture that has 2014 on the left and 2015 on the right.

Thank you!

Message 11 of 15
E-Lavoie
in reply to: bogdan.dico

Dont worry, it as been more then 5 years that i ask for stair with 3 turning step in 90 degres, and its still buggy as hell.

I included an exemple of the stair.

Message 12 of 15
BillGlennie

Hi E-Lavoie - your message is off topic, but in case you're still interested, here's your stair.  This has been possible since the 2007 release.  I'm not sure how you were trying to draw it that is "buggy as hell", but this is a custom stair created from the linework in your drawing, with one slight adjustment - I separated the edges of the two flights by 1/8".  That may not be necessary, but I was sure that the stair would be properly created with that small gap.  Oh, I also had to join the tread lines that you had manually broken for the railing.  Note that the railing is segmented in its model representation, but some kind of custom transition would be needed in this case.

Hope this helps,  Bill

Bill Glennie
AutoCAD Team, including Architecture and MEP
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 13 of 15
E-Lavoie
in reply to: BillGlennie

Since i posted here about that problem, i figured other way to make stair like that (yep with the 1/8 gap, i call this buggy) that are simpler then custom stair, but the railing is still looking really bad (that is buggy to) at the 3 step corner, whatever method we use. There is a lot of place for improvement in the stair function.

Message 14 of 15
BillGlennie

Thanks for the reply.  I'd like to see the result.  If you'd rather not post it here, please send it to bill.glennie@autodesk.com.

I'm also curious whether you've tried to model this stair in any other applications.

Regards,  Bill

Bill Glennie
AutoCAD Team, including Architecture and MEP
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 15 of 15
E-Lavoie
in reply to: BillGlennie

For this kind of stair, and that is for 80% of the house i draw, i use 2 stair to obtain the result i want, this way its easier to modify them if i need to. But the railing at the corner is still looking weird, i wish i could do something about it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost