AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 Tabs Paper-Model sheet template FAIL

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
75ironhead
1155 Views, 3 Replies

2015 Tabs Paper-Model sheet template FAIL

ACA 2015 startup....These are not subtle changes, What is up with the layout tabs in ACA 2015? I can Not import a template into an empty drawing. Is this even the same program? I'm starting to get pretty far behind on my work load and am having doubts on the new interface. 

At this point I guess I'll check in with my Subscription center for some more direct answers.

regards

Todd 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
MarySeufert
in reply to: 75ironhead

Checkout the STARTUP system variable. Default is 3, probably not what you want...

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 3 of 4
75ironhead
in reply to: MarySeufert

I found it in the "Veiw" ribbon in the "windows" tab.

This kind of change is very frustrating, All other releases have multiple ways to view layout tabs. 

Why would they have this type of change turn off by default?

Layout tab toggles picture

ACA2015 left  and ACA2014 right

Message 4 of 4
David_W_Koch
in reply to: 75ironhead

2015 still shows the Model/Layouts when hovering over a drawing tab.  I am going to guess that they added the Layout Tabs ribbon tool to the Windows panel of the View ribbon tab because they took away the Model and Layout tools from the Application Status bar, and right clicking on them allowed you to turn on the display of the layout and model tabs.

One nice addition in 2015 is that if you decide to turn on the model and layout tabs, you can choose to display them either in-line with the Application Status Bar or to dock them above it.  I will likely use the in-line location, as we rarely have more than one or two layouts in a given file and that gives me back 3/16" or so of screen space, but for those who like to do it all in one file and have many layouts, docking it allows the tabs to run across the entire ACA window, so you can see more of them at one time.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost