AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014 to 2012 - for a client

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jim
Enthusiast
287 Views, 2 Replies

2014 to 2012 - for a client

I am trying to assist a client of mine that uses Architectural 2012 and I just purchased 2014. It appears that any file I work on is not workable as far as AEC once I work in them. I looked at the file converter and it states that it converts all AEC objects to line work. Is there any way I can keep this client since I'm certain they do not want to upgrade all of their seats at this moment?

Any advice and or help would be appreciated.

JimH
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: jim

Sorry, you need to be on ARCH2012 for that client or they need to be on ARCH2014 to work with you. No workaround, it is by design: when a DWG format changes Autodesk also upgrades all AEC content with no path to go back no matter what you do in 2014.
Message 3 of 3
David_Knight
in reply to: jim

did you purchase a subscription?  You may want to call autodesk and find out if older versions are included on subscription.

We have versions 2012, 2013, and 2014 currently installed side by side, though we only use 2014.  I don't know in terms of licensing what the in's and out's of the rules are.  It did not force an un-installation of the older versions of autocad.

If there was a way to get 2012 installed through your subscription, you could have multiple installations at the same time running side by side.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost