AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2012 - Problem with Xref Manager

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mike.belmont
1663 Views, 3 Replies

2012 - Problem with Xref Manager

Windows 7 pro 64bit.  ACA 2012.

New computer - fresh install.

Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07ghz

Ram 4 gig

Quadro FX 580

If x-ref manager is left open when autocad is closed, the computer (not just autocad) hangs for 2-3 minutes when loading AcDgnLsTrans.dbx.   If x-ref manager is closed when autocad is shut down, the first time Xref manager is started in a new session locks up the computer for 2-3 minutes.    I renamed the dbx file, and that fixed the problem, however there are errors (expected) when x-ref manager is started.  I copied AcDgnLsTrans.dbx from the installation disk, just in case it was corrupt and that did not fix the problem. 

Very frustrating lag - any help would be appreciated.

Mike Belmont

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mike.belmont
in reply to: mike.belmont

NM - I forgot a basic issue.  

We use Eset for our antivirus and it was hanging up in that.   I put in some exclusions and it's working great now...   

-Mike Belmont

Message 3 of 4
adam.jw

Indeed. I added the entire AutoCAD 2012, and AutoCAD 2012 MEP installation directories to the Exclusions list in ESET (you have to switch to Advanced mode).

While it still stalled on AcDgnLsTrans.dbx, it took only seconds, as opposed to the minutes it was taking to load before!

*EDIT: I should note that my system specs are similar to yours, and it was taking forever to load

I've also noticed that ESET can be pretty paranoid about any sort of database that runs off your computer locally. 

ok.   The problem has resurfaced now.   I have excluded most of the extensions that I can think of from autocad in ESET.   Might there be something else that is hanging it up?   This is quite frustrating as it take a good 3-5 minutes for autocad to start. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost