AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2010 Project Broswer problems

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
eamims
233 Views, 2 Replies

2010 Project Broswer problems

We have 2 new machines (win7 64bit) with AArch2010 loaded.. we are accessing a fileserver as we have on all previous version of AA. We are seeing very slow browsing of certain folders on the network within the Project Browser. We can drill down at normal speed, then things slow down and it stops showing subfolders. It does not let us create new folders either. When trying to open a folder, it will say "searching ...folder/folder/templates), then just doesn't show any contents of that folder.

Browsing and making folders on local computer works fine. We have proper permissions to access the folders (ie. I can use explorer to browse and add folders to any fileserver folder).
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: eamims

On Tue, 5 Jan 2010 11:38:11 -0800, eamims@mimsarchitect.com <> wrote:

>We have 2 new machines (win7 64bit) with AArch2010 loaded.. we are accessing a fileserver as we have on all previous version of AA. We are seeing very slow browsing of certain folders on the network within the Project Browser. We can drill down at normal speed, then things slow down and it stops showing subfolders. It does not let us create new folders either. When trying to open a folder, it will say "searching ...folder/folder/templates), then just doesn't show any contents of that folder.

Are there shortcuts to other folders or files inside of these folders?

Matt
matt@stachoni.com
Message 3 of 3
eamims
in reply to: eamims

no, we just made the AA2010 folder upon installation, in the AA2010 installation sequence. We put our Plotters, Plot Styles, and templates there. I do not see any shortcuts to files/folders in there. If I look at the folders in explorer and right click/properties, the show read-only as a grey check mark. If I check that on and off, it just shows back up as grey check mark, next time I look. I made sure the fileserver didn't have any weird permission settings..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost