AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2010 performance

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jraesly
363 Views, 3 Replies

2010 performance

These are our systems: Windows 7, Vista and XP. Most are 64bit with 8 to 12 gig ram dual quad core systems. the xp's are 32 bit wit 4 gig. But in general not shabby systems. A minimum of a 512 graphics card. All our programs, Adobe CS4, Office, Sketchup and rendering all run fast, especially on the new Win 7 systems, lightning fast. Autocad Architecture not so much. VERY sluggish. Selecting, gripping, osnap tracking, menu or ribbon selecting all have hesitations. I feel I am running on a Pentium III with 1 gig ram. Everything about it is slow. Sheetset manager, trying to select a file to open sometimes sits there waiting for something to complete so I can select it.
Does anybody have any suggestions on what could be causing this and more importantly a fix? Have you experienced this?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: jraesly

That pretty well sums up my experiences with ADT2012 in w7 x64.

I ran it for a week, Tried various 'fixes' such as disabling aero and installing .Net 4 beta. One thing that did improve things a little, though isnt a realistic option for our office, was running from local support files rather than across the network.

After a week of no joy I rolled back to XP. It is a shame, while w7 is in no way the revolution fanbois make it out to be. It is in many ways a step up from XP.

Tried it on the following 2 machines.
E8400 x2 / 4GB RAM / ATI 4890 / W7 x64 Ultimate
E8400 x4 / 4GB RAM / Nvidia 7900 / W7 x64 Ultimate
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

How did you get hold of version 2012??
Have they fixed the roof object yet?
:-)

wrote in message news:6305554@discussion.autodesk.com...
That pretty well sums up my experiences with ADT2012 in w7 x64.

I ran it for a week, Tried various 'fixes' such as disabling aero and
installing .Net 4 beta. One thing that did improve things a little, though
isnt a realistic option for our office, was running from local support files
rather than across the network.

After a week of no joy I rolled back to XP. It is a shame, while w7 is in no
way the revolution fanbois make it out to be. It is in many ways a step up
from XP.

Tried it on the following 2 machines.
E8400 x2 / 4GB RAM / ATI 4890 / W7 x64 Ultimate
E8400 x4 / 4GB RAM / Nvidia 7900 / W7 x64 Ultimate
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

hehe oops... Very fat fingered post. I meant ADT2010, and a Q8400 on the second pc.

Also, no, the roof tool is still half finished, but damn! Look at those pretty new icons!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost