Previous Version Support
Welcome to Autodesk’s Previous Version Support Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore Previous Version Support topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

this is How to install autocad 2015 to windows 10

71 REPLIES 71
SOLVED
Message 1 of 72
ar.zaher
220451 Views, 71 Replies

this is How to install autocad 2015 to windows 10

Well, I tried to install AutoCAD on Windows 10 but I faced a problem that the AutoCAD can't detect the dot net framework 4.5 on my computer , and when I try to fix that and download it from Microsoft, it says that .NET Framework is already part of the system. So, if U face this, don't give up. Here is what U have to do to fix this, step-by-step. 
--------------------

Well, the solution is easy. We should change a key in regestry then AutoCAD will be able to check the .NET Framework, but the problem is that we don't have access to change that, so we have to do some clicks to get the ownership of that key.

Here are the details: 
#1 - Go to "Regedit", and then go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Client"

When U get the ownership of the "client" folder, change the key "version" to "4.5" and start installing.  😉 

When U finish installing, U can change this value back. 

Have fun! 

71 REPLIES 71
Message 41 of 72
exfireex1
in reply to: ar.zaher

I tried changing the registry and was able to change net frame to v4.5 but my surface pro 3 still saying can't open the .msi files. Can anyone help

Message 42 of 72
umithraravendran

Greetings! Does changing the version from 4.6 to 4.5 harm our Computer? Thank you.. ☺
Message 43 of 72
jishihar

This was perfect! Thank you so much! It did not work at first, but I changed the permisiions for the folder to allow me to write to it also, and that fixed it. Just a check box in the one screen shot you showed.

Message 44 of 72
lingal373

hi

Tags (1)
Message 45 of 72
lingal373
in reply to: lingal373

hi
Message 46 of 72
lingal373

how you install Autocad new version 2016
Message 47 of 72
lingal373

First restart system,now install Autocad new version 2016 with key provided . install all file Autocad .restart the sytem ofter install completed.
Message 48 of 72

I chose myself as the user, and I still says it a version 4.00000000000... and not a 4.5 . . .

I seek help here cause the IT-place at my school don't offer any help.

An student from EUX Denmark køge. . .

Message 49 of 72
tvisgood

Hi,

I just dealt with this yesterday when rendering,

I found out that framework 4.6  was an update on windows 7 and the rest/ win8/ win10 etc.

and it blocks any repair or install with both ACA2015 and ACAD2015. (NOTE: autocad 2015 only works with and MUST have .net framework4.5 version

(i believe 4.5.2) installed and never install 4.6 on top or you will never be able to repair or install again until 4.6 is removed fully including all updates.

the only problem is windows 10 "MUST" have 4.6 and was specifically made for it, there isnt a thing that windows 7 needs for it. im not sure about windows 8 though. (microsoft has stopped all support for 4.5) but i have noticed that autodesk has not really begin certifying older versions of acad for the new windows 10 platform, and i doubt they ever will so......

if you cant use win 7 or windows 8 platform which 8 is quite frankly still a little sketchy for rendering and complex things that autocad needs to compute,

you have to either upgrade autocad or downgrade to a lower windows version.

sorry man i gotta buy a new computer soon and need to pick one myself

sincerely

tvisgood

Rendering Enthusiast
Message 50 of 72

hey , for this problem u may check the administrator premetions , just check this page 3 in this post , or just click here , 
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-architecture-general/this-is-how-to-install-autocad-2015-to-wi...
and then u can see how u can solve it with pics 😉 

Message 51 of 72
kitcat858

I have window 7 but had the same issue. Possibly because my computer was customized, and I the original shell probably had Windows 10. But your instructions worked! Thank you SOOOOO much. -Happy lady

Message 52 of 72
aaryansingh140

Cannot edit Version : Error entering the value's new contents.
Message 53 of 72
punk.flee

I changed into 4.5 and tried downloading it again, but it's still not getting installed.

Message 54 of 72
khardanimajida

can you help me for this problemCapture.PNGCapture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

Message 55 of 72
ar.zaher
in reply to: khardanimajida

sure , explain it
Message 56 of 72
ar.zaher
in reply to: khardanimajida

sure , explain it
Message 57 of 72
JohnPM

Worked great. Had to do a restart to change registry setting.

Thanks

John

Message 58 of 72
silvia.sarah16

Hey there...I am trying to download cad2017 on my new laptop which has win10 but unable to do so.Followed everything but my download stops half way and everything is crossed out in red ..please help!!!

Message 59 of 72

@silvia.sarah16 :  AutoCAD Architecture 2017 is designed for Windows 10 compatibility.  I assume that you are doing the installation using the "Install Now" option from the Autodesk website.  I would suggest that you use the Virtual Agent to download the software (in one or more ZIP files), then extract the installation files and then install from there.  That takes your internet connection out of the actual installation process and improves the odds of success.

Instructions on using the Virtual Agent can be found here.

If your previous attempts have resulted in a partial installation, I would recommend following the procedures for a clean uninstallation prior to attempting to install again. Instructions for a clean uninstallation can be found here.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 60 of 72
ar.zaher
in reply to: silvia.sarah16

well, these instructions should help you when you try to install it and u
got the Framework Problem..
but as i understand its Download issue ,, check ur Internet Connection, try
to connect directly with a cable.. and see how it will do

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report