AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Siding Appearance, is it possible to change materials?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Candarco
431 Views, 2 Replies

Siding Appearance, is it possible to change materials?

Spoiler

Hi, 

Thank you everyone for your advice and assistance, I have an issue that will pop up later today, with a proposed rawing I'm developing from an As-Built. The designer has given a number of specs, and one is the color of the siding. To this point, the ootb wall materials have been just perfect. I have a conference call today where they will ask If my gables could please display Benjamin Moore's something or other, and I don't know what to say here.

Is there a workflow I can adopt that is native to ACA?

Must I use photo manipulation software to customize these materials?

If I must, is gimp acceptable?

What is my best practice here, this and assigning custom materials to mvbw's have, more than anything, pushed me to look for alternative drafting solutions to ACA.

Thank You

Gary

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dbroad
in reply to: Candarco

Briefly, ahead of  your meeting, set up several render materials in your presentation drawing.  The AEC material uses the render material for presentations. GIMP is fine for setting up the render materials.  Lap siding should have some lines at a physical spacing distance.  You can specify the size of the material swatch when you create the render material.  This is not the venue for a complete training exercise. If benjamin moore can create a swatch with the desired color start with that in creating your siding material.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 3 of 3
Candarco
in reply to: dbroad

Thanks very much for your advice. I ended up using the color replace tool in Pixlr, using a stock sample from the Benjamin Moore website. I changed the source image colormaterial, but haven't actually went back to look at it yet to see how it looks

Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost