AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLOT STYLE HELP FOR THE OCE 9400

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
382 Views, 13 Replies

PLOT STYLE HELP FOR THE OCE 9400

THANK YOU FOR READING.

I'M NOT NEW TO AUTOCAD BY ANY MEANS I STARTED OUT ON AUTOCAD 10 AND NOW I'M WORKING ON ARCHITECTURE 2008. BUT MY QUESTION IS I NEED HELP SETTING UP PLOT STYLE. I HAVE NEVER HAD TO DO IT BEFORE NOW. EVERY WHERE I HAVE WORK HAVE ALWAYS HAD THAT ALREADY SET UP.

I WORK FOR A SMALL ARCHITECTURE FIRM. I'M PRETTY MUCH THE ONLY ONE THAT DOES THE AUTOCAD WORK. WE HAVE A OCE 9400 PLOTTER. WHAT I'M TRYING TO DO IS SET UP A PLOT STYLE FOR MY MASTER SET THAT I START ALL MY DRAWINGS WITH. I'M HAVING TROUBLE TEACHING MYSELF HOW TO USE THAT. I'VE TAUGHT MYSELF PAPER SPACE MODEL SPACE AND XREF FOR THE MOST PART BUT I CAN'T SEEM TO FIGURE THIS OUT. IF ANYONE CAN GIVE ME SOME DIRECTION OR KNOW OF A PDF FILE I CAN DOWNLOAD THAT COULD WALK ME THRU THIS. PLEASE LET ME KNOW
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Is there some reason that you can't use an existing plot style without having to create one from scratch?
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous

I'VE TRIED THAT BUT MY BOSS IS REALLY PICKY ABOUT ABOUT THE WAY THE DRAWINGS LOOK.......AN ARCHITECT FOR YOU....AN THEY LOOK LIKE CRAP ANYWAYS......

THE WAY I SET UP MY DRAWING IS I HAVE A BASE PLAN. I'LL DRAW THE FLOOR PLANS AN THE FOUNDATION PLANS IN THE BASE PLAN AN THEN I'LL SAVE IT, AN THEN I'LL DO A SAVEAS SAY A2.1 AN THEN I'LL ERASE EVERYTHING AN THEN GO BACK TO THE BASEPLAN AN THEN I'LL XREF THE BASE PLAN INTO THE A2.1 SO SAY IF MY BOSS WANTS TO GET INTO IT AN MOVE SOMETHING HE CAN WHY I'M WORKING IN A2.1.

PLOT STYLES IN GENERAL JUST CONFUSE ME....
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous

If you have an existing plot style from an earlier release of AutoCAD simply copy/paste it into the Plot Style folder in the new release of ACA you are using.
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous

TO BE HONEST WITH YOU......IT JUST STARTED DOING IT ON THIS DRAWING I HAVE JUST STARTED 2 DAYS AGO. NORMALLY I USE THE "D.A.C.H. MONOCHROME SCALE 1-100" AND I HAVE MY LAYERS ALREADY MADE UP FOR THAT ONE ALONG WITH THE COLORS ON LAYERS I USE. AND I'M NOT SURE WHAT I DID.

I JUST WENT INTO ANOTHER DRAWING THAT EVERYTHING WAS WORKING RIGHT IN. I WENT TO MY BASE PLAN AND THE "D.A.C.H. MONOCHROME SCALE 1-100 " WASN'T THERE. WELL I WENT INTO MY A2.2 SHEET WITH THE TITLE BLOCK XREF INTO IT IN PAPER SPACE AND THE "D.A.C.H. MONOCHROME SCALE 1-100 " WAS THERE. WHERE SHOULD THAT PLOT STYLE BE LOCATED AT. SHOULD IT BE LOCATED IN THE TITLE BLOCK OR IN THE MODEL SPACE OF THE DRAWING.

I'M JUST CONFUSED.
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous

The plot styles are located at:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\ACD-A 2008\enu\Plot Styles
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous

YES I KNOW WHERE THEY ARE LOCATED AT...........
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous

OK my bad. Each Model/Layout will have a specific page setup where the plotter and plot style etc is defined. I think you may have started the one drawing that is missing the D A H C ... plot style with a style dependent template instead of a color dependent template (DAHC ... is a color dependent plot style) open a new color dependent template and copy past the drawing from the one missing the plot style into the new drawing and save it that should give you access to the plot style you are looking for.
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous

O YOUR FINE......I KNOW WHERE ALL THAT STUFF IS LOCATED I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY IT WON'T WORK IN ONE BUT I HAVE IT WORKING IN ANOTHER...........NOW DOES IT HAVE TO BE SET UP IN MODEL SPACE OR IN PAPER SPACE.....OR DOES IT HAVE TO BE SET UP IN THE TITLE BLOCK DRAWING THAT I XREF IN TO MY MAIN DRAWING.
Message 10 of 14
Anonymous

The drawing you are plotting from controls the plot but if you have varying plot dependecies; Color/Style it causes a world of problems. If it is color a color is a color across drawings. If it is style based and you xref in a color based there are no styles associated with that drawing so it will all come in as "Normal" which on a color plotter will plot color or b/w grayscale. If you have missing plot styles in a drawing it is because you are combining the two.

The ultimate control for the plot is found in the layout tab you are in. There is no plotstyle assignment for model space (viewports) independent of the paperspace plot style assignment. How are you accessing the "Page Setup"?

All drawings though have to be set up to use or at least conform to the plot style you want to use. You can xref a style dependent drawing into a color dependent drawing if the colors correspond. It will plot correctly. A color dependent drawing xrefed into a style dependent drawing will require the plot styles to be assigned at the layer level.
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous

so what your saying is pretty much in paper space with the title block xref in that is what pretty much controls the plot settings right......

if that is so i need to make sure that that is set all up in the title block for when it is xref in....

told you all this stuff confuse me.
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous

It is not the Title Block xref. It is the host drawing and the respective layout tab that controls the plot. Right the layout tab at the bottom of the screen, click Page Setup. That is the control for the plot.

It is independent of any xrefs. However the Title Block being used (xrefed) must conform to the plot style(s) used in the host drawing.
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous

DO U HAVE A EMAIL I THINK IT WOULD MAKE IT ALITTLE EASIER
Message 14 of 14
Anonymous

I am running AutoCAD Architecture 2009 using an HP DesignJet 800PS and I tried adding our existing plot styles with no positive result. Some of the pens plot but most do not. They are printing darker than they use to. The checked each of the the pen tables and all of the line weights are correct. HELP!!! Please.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost