AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE HELP...My Polygon Windows Don't Work!!!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
302 Views, 5 Replies

PLEASE HELP...My Polygon Windows Don't Work!!!

I have been trying to use my ERASE command in order to use a window polygon but I'm not getting the results in need. This is what happens....

I type in ERASE, then WP and from there I select my polygon shape and the items I want deleted. I don't join the last endpoint of the window with the first point I just hit ENTER twice but nothing happens. I desperately need help and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
leothebuilder
in reply to: Anonymous

Once you finish the polygon and hit enter, are the objects within your polygon highlighted?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: leothebuilder

No they are not highlighted. When I hit enter my command bar says there are 0 objects selected. 

Message 4 of 6
leothebuilder

Well.....dunno....seems like that command is kaput.

Maybe repair install ?

Any other problems with some command not working?

Is you normal erase command working ok?

(frankly I haven't used the polygon option for erase in ages, forgotten it even existed)

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: leothebuilder

All of my other commands seem to be working fine. If I can't use a polygon window though, is there another way of selecting objects like this in order to delete them? I've tried to do everything with this polygon window and nothing seems to be working. 

Message 6 of 6
leothebuilder

You still have the normal window selection for erasing objects.

Pick an window from left to right and everyting within that window will be selected.

Pick a window from right to left and everything within that window, plus whatever crosses the window will be selected.

Of course you can pick multiple windows during the erase command.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost