AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OSNAP sensitivity / tolerances

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
3758 Views, 6 Replies

OSNAP sensitivity / tolerances

A few of us in our firm have recently begun using ACAD Architecture 2008.
It seems that OSNAP is much, much more sensitive than we are used to.
Is there a way to adjust this aspect of the command?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Not sure what you mean by 'sensitive,' but...
Does adjusting the APERTURE system variable achieve the desired effect?

HokieBull wrote:
> A few of us in our firm have recently begun using ACAD Architecture 2008.
> It seems that OSNAP is much, much more sensitive than we are used to.
> Is there a way to adjust this aspect of the command?
>
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

It's not the size of anything. It's just that, for example, when drawing a line, after selecting the first point, I don't need to be nearly as close to object as previous versions, before the osnap symbols light up. You know? You get used to being able to judge by sight on the screen where your cursor needs to be for to trigger (or not trigger) the osnaps, and now you need to be more careful or you'll snap to a point you didn't realize was being selected. We just need a way to tone down the sensitivity of the OSNAP. Does that explain any better?
Message 4 of 7
Oilymo

I know exactly what you mean. I've been griping about the OSNAP since 2007, it is appalling now. We find here precision problems, points in free space and certain object snaps taking precidence over others (PERP) and how can a line start with a perpendicular point surely it is the result of a vector not the start.

That said 2009 is about the most stable I've seen ACA (ADT) so we can live with the little idiosyncrasies.

Ben
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Based on that description, I'd reiterate my suggestion. Just to get a
feel for it, set APERTURE to 50, then draw a line and see how OSNAP
behaves, then set it to 1 and see the difference. Perhaps this
screenshot will help.

HokieBull wrote:
> It's not the size of anything. It's just that, for example, when drawing a line, after selecting the first point, I don't need to be nearly as close to object as previous versions, before the osnap symbols light up. You know? You get used to being able to judge by sight on the screen where your cursor needs to be for to trigger (or not trigger) the osnaps, and now you need to be more careful or you'll snap to a point you didn't realize was being selected. We just need a way to tone down the sensitivity of the OSNAP. Does that explain any better?
>
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

BTW, I set mine to 5.

HokieBull wrote:
> It's not the size of anything. It's just that, for example, when drawing a line, after selecting the first point, I don't need to be nearly as close to object as previous versions, before the osnap symbols light up. You know? You get used to being able to judge by sight on the screen where your cursor needs to be for to trigger (or not trigger) the osnaps, and now you need to be more careful or you'll snap to a point you didn't realize was being selected. We just need a way to tone down the sensitivity of the OSNAP. Does that explain any better?
>
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

I forwarded you suggestion to several of the guys on our team, and so far it seems to be working. We had been wondering what use APERTURE served.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost