AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help ASAP

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
z5m4a4
444 Views, 4 Replies

help ASAP

Once you create a CTB file, it is not possible to modify its settings. You must create a new CTB using the wizard. is that true ??

If I am working in 1/4" scale, and I want create text that shows up in paper space at a height of 1/8", how tall in inches would my text be in model space?

How would I draw a 5'-0" line at a precise 45 degree angle in autoCAD ?

Attribute Definitions, or command: attdef, allows you to create editable text forms for a block in AutoCAD. Can used these to create room tags and door tags for my project ??

Adding text and dimensions to a drawing in AutoCAD requires you to know the final printed size of the drawing is that right ?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
leothebuilder
in reply to: z5m4a4

Once you create a CTB file, it is not possible to modify its settings. You must create a new CTB using the wizard. is that true ??

In the plot dialog box in the right hand top corner you can see what ctb file the plot will use.

You can change this to another ctb file or you can click on the edit button to edit the ctb file

If I am working in 1/4" scale, and I want create text that shows up in paper space at a height of 1/8", how tall in inches would my text be in model space?

Make yourself familiar with annotative objects such as text and dimensions.

Edit your text style to be annotative with 1/8" height and it will react to the scale setting on the status bar.

At the command line enter L for line, select a start point and at the command line enter @5'-0">45

Attribute Definitions, or command: attdef, allows you to create editable text forms for a block in AutoCAD. Can used these to create room tags and door tags for my project ??

Yes you can....are you using plain autocad or autocad architecture?

For ACA the procedure is different

Adding text and dimensions to a drawing in AutoCAD requires you to know the final printed size of the drawing is that right ?

Yes, it is very helpful to know the final output size for paper space and plotting

Message 3 of 5
z5m4a4
in reply to: leothebuilder

Yes you can....are you using plain autocad or autocad architecture?

For ACA the procedure is different

I'm using autocad architecture

Message 4 of 5
z5m4a4
in reply to: leothebuilder

At the command line enter L for line, select a start point and at the command line enter @5'-0">45

is there any different way to do it and can I do that in ACA ? 

and where can I find the command line ?

Message 5 of 5
leothebuilder
in reply to: z5m4a4

There is not really a different way other than perhaps changing your SNAPANG to 45 degrees or rotating your UCS along the z-axis 45 degrees.

That would be too much effort for drawing a line at 45 degrees.

Your command line is (or should be) along the bottom of your screen.

If you are a beginner with autocad or autocad architecture I would recommend doing a course a your local community college.

Or searching for some instructional videos on YouTube.

Also check your book store for books on learning autocad.

There are many resources available.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost