AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Door: add rings one by one

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Richard.Vivanco
361 Views, 8 Replies

Door: add rings one by one

Hi

ring.pngIn doors, exist a method to add several rings at a time?  Right now you can only add one by one.

Thanks

Richard Vivanco V.
Arq. BIM Manager + Autodesk Certified Instructor
Website | Youtube | LinkedIn

EESignature

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Hi @Richard.Vivanco,

Thank you for posting your question here.

As far as I can tell, I don't believe there's a way to select multiple profiles at once during the Add a Ring process. It might make a good feature request though.

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 3 of 9
Oilymo
in reply to: Richard.Vivanco

This functionality did exist in the UK Content tools that for some reason AutoDESK stopped supporting in 2012.  I have asked AutoDESK to revive these tools as they are brilliant and also include custom windows and walls etc.  They never came back to me.

I have to say I do find the behaviour of AutoDESK odd at times as I am led to believe that they no longer want to support ACA in turn pushing REVIT hence not continuing with these tools and yet on other threads on this forum they are actively asking us for development ideas.

Message 4 of 9
dbroad
in reply to: Richard.Vivanco

The beauty of AutoCAD verticals is the reliance on the AutoCAD base, which is customizable.  While the aec addon commands make scripting needlessly complicated by not accepting multiple command calls, this workaround should allow you to create a profile with nested rings in fewer steps. Just save the following to a trusted support folder and use (load "dcbprof").  Then use dcbprof to create the profile rather than "ConvertLineworkToProfileDef".  I'm not sure how much work it would save unless you do this a lot or unless you autoload the program.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 5 of 9
Oilymo
in reply to: dbroad

Wow that's brilliant Doug and going to save a lot of time and frustration. 

Thank you

Ben

Message 6 of 9
Oilymo
in reply to: Oilymo

Doug,

One thing I have noticed is that your prompts are not displaying correctly.  We only get "select objects" displayed for both selection options.

Kind regards

Ben

Message 7 of 9
Richard.Vivanco

Thanks.

I will test the lisp.

Regards.

Richard Vivanco V.
Arq. BIM Manager + Autodesk Certified Instructor
Website | Youtube | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 8 of 9
dbroad
in reply to: Oilymo

Make your command line larger or look above the command line for the prompt.  I can't make the at cursor prompts work because AutoCAD only uses the last prompt which in this case is coming from ssget itself.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 9 of 9
Oilymo

Doug,

That makes sense and as I don't use the command line I'll just have to get used to it 😉

Many thanks

Ben

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost