AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad Architecture 2012 - Express Tools

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
leothebuilder
4680 Views, 5 Replies

Autocad Architecture 2012 - Express Tools

I have just installed ACA 2012 via downloading the upgrade from 2011.

Although the installation creates an Express Tools folder, the folder is empty.

I've tried to copy the Express folder from 2011 to 2012 and while Express Tools did appear on the ribbon, the actual tools/commands do not work. Any suggestions ?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
MarySeufert
in reply to: leothebuilder

I have had this happen to me before with an ACA 2009 install on Windows7.

I went through the Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program -> Right click on ACA2009 -> Select Uninstall/Change

This brings up the Autodesk Installation Wizard. After selecting Add or Remove Features, make sure Express Tools is selected and continue on through the wizard. This added all the Express tools items in the installation folder.

Hopefully this translates to ACA2012!

~Mary

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 3 of 6

Thanks....worked like a charm !

Message 4 of 6
cadmgr
in reply to: leothebuilder

It failed for us.  We installed AA2012 from a downloaded file.  For Windows7 machines, Express Tools were installed.  For XP machines, not - go figure.  But the frustration is that runing the Windows Add/Remove/add the applet demands "ACA.msi" to complete the install.

Not good.  Not working.  Needs a fix.

Message 5 of 6

Did you try entering "expresstools" at the command line?

Sometimes the menu does not load at installation.

Message 6 of 6
MarySeufert
in reply to: cadmgr

When I first installed ACA2012, I used the downloaded version as well. The installation wasn't complete (missing content), and I couldn't use the reinstall or repair options from the control panel, I also had the ACA.msi not found issue. I even browsed to where it was on my system, and it still wouldn't run. I had to use a Windows 7 restore point to 'rip' ACA off my system and reinstall it. I think there is a bug with the downloaded installations!

Hope you have found a resolution... ~ Mary

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost