Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z set to Zero

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Arun_Kumar_K
766 Views, 6 Replies

Z set to Zero

Is there any lisp or script available to keep all the elements to zero Elevation including elements in blocks?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Arun_Kumar_K

Do you mean so they will never move off zero or do you want items moved to zero?

There is a lisp out there to get things to move to zero I think there is somthing in the express tools if i remember correctly.

Getting things to never to move off zero is probably possible but my thoughts are once you have a lisp to move things to zero if you could get some vba code to run that code on drawing close it would run the move all obects to zero. Or you could run that code via a button or keyboard shortcut.

I will do a quick search to see if I can find a link to the lisp, but it is out there.

Message 3 of 7
Arun_Kumar_K
in reply to: Anonymous

I want to move all the elements to zero.

I have a layout, when I orbit the lines, planes, blocks are in different elevations. Want to bring all in one elevation, how to do that. In a single script I want to bring everything to zero elevation, the layout is big which contains many blocks.
Message 4 of 7
Kent1Cooper

That's what the FLATTEN command is for, except perhaps for the elements-in-Blocks part [I'm not sure -- it's not something I ever seem to need to deal with].  This has come up before.  Do a Search.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Message 6 of 7
Arun_Kumar_K
in reply to: Anonymous

I am using 2015, tried already with flatten, it is for converting 3d solids to 2d at zero elevation. I want 2d entities to be set zero.. What you are mentioning is different flatten?
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

if you are trying to "flatten" 3D objects to 2D on zero, then you would use flatshot - it will take whatever view you are looking at your 3D model and create a 2D version of that view on Z zero.  If you are trying to "move" 2D objects to Z zero then "flatten" will do that.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost