Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

z axis should be equal zero in 2d drawings

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
arch.marleen
2646 Views, 5 Replies

z axis should be equal zero in 2d drawings

Dear all please i want your help : my problem lies in z axis , im working in Autocad and my plans in top view its mean (x,y,0) coordinates but because of some data imported from out sources specially the drawings come from surveying or from other programs it makes z axis not equal zero it make the lines squeeze to other coordinate and then it cause different level in 3d . so i fix it by manual way to set the lines in zero from property box but i have a lot of drawings and need more time to maintain it so what to do !!!!
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Backnblack
in reply to: arch.marleen

Save and run as a lisp. This will force all enties to 0

(command "_move""_all""""""0,0,1e99""_move""_all""""""0,0,-1e99")

Message 3 of 6
stevev0983

It sounds like you are trying to get all the objects to Z=0. If so, you can try the "Flatten" command, but you should try it on a few objects first (or a copy of the objects). Sometimes, especially with attributes, blocks and hatch patterns you can get odd behavior. But it usually works well on just lines, circles, etc.. And make sure you are in the World UCS or that you are viewing your geometry looking perpendicualr to what you want to be the X-Y plane.

Message 4 of 6
3wood

For all new drawings, set OSNAPZ to 0 at beginning.

For existing drawings, try command FLATTEN first.

If FLATTEN doesn't work, try CHZ20 instead.

Message 5 of 6
athiessen
in reply to: Backnblack

I've seen this solution over and over, but it is not working in my drawing. Does this work for AutoCAD 2015? Are there settings or other factors that might not it from working? 

Message 6 of 6
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: athiessen

@athiessen wrote:

I've seen this solution over and over, but it is not working in my drawing. Does this work for AutoCAD 2015? Are there settings or other factors that might not it from working? 

Welcome to these Forums!  I don't have 2015 here, but I looked at your drawing in an earlier version, and I find a lot of things are at a negative Z coordinate of almost 10 to the 84th power!  I wonder whether that could have anything to do with it, since the 10-to-the-99th value in that suggestion isn't as extremely far from where they are as one would normally expect [though certainly the difference of about 10-to-the-15th is nothing to sneeze at!].  FLATTEN with everything selected gets hung up over something unexplodable.  But I find if I take it by entity type, such as selecting only all Arcs with QSELECT, and use FLATTEN on just those, it works.  Doing as much of the drawing as you can in that way could at least narrow down where the problem lies.

EDIT:  And another thing....  It looks to me like that suggestion has some of its input in the wrong order.  Try it this way instead, with one of the Enters in each Move command moved from before to after the displacement, to use that as a displacement and not give an explicit second point, which is the way I think Move has always worked [but I guess it's possible that it's been changed in more recent versions?]:

(command "_move" "_all" "" "0,0,1e99" "" "_move" "_all" "" "0,0,-1e99" "")

However, I tried that change in your drawing, and that [at least by itself] didn't make it work as expected.  Likewise with an alternative giving it a start point with the mega-point as second point:

(command "_move" "_all" "" "0,0,0" "0,0,1e99" "_move" "_all" "" "0,0,0" "0,0,-1e99")

Kent Cooper, AIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost