Did you mean: 

XREF losing path

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
igi_pop
2202 Views, 11 Replies

XREF losing path

Greets!

I've been having a peculiar problem with only 1 of all my drawings. And that occurance from a few days ago is also the first time i saw it. web search gave some results with similar problems, but they are also all old on average. I insert an image trough xref, relative path, all files in the same directory, save file, close, open - no images. just filename in a frame, when i look at the xref manager all images are "not found".

If i do anything with it's path (delete .\ for instance), the image gets loaded. save, close, open - no images. I tried creating files on my PC and transmitting them to the server - same thing. Below are images that describe the situation.

Any help is apreciated 🙂

attach.JPG

attach_reopen.JPG

Lenovo ThinkCenter M920f; Win10pro x64; i5 9500 @3GHz; 16GB RAM; Radeon RX550X
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy."

AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified ProfessionalAutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
pendean
in reply to: igi_pop

Describe or detail the server/folder file structure please, between the DWG file and the Xref.
Message 3 of 12
igi_pop
in reply to: pendean

DWG and the xref are in the same dir, inserted with relative path.

All other drawings in that project are in the same directory, have the exact same 2 pictures inserted and working without problems.

Message 4 of 12
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

Really Civil 3D 2011, then you are in the wrong forum (this here starts with 2013).

My question would be now: what service pack have you installed?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 12
igi_pop
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

@Alfred.NESWADBA wrote:

Hi,

Really Civil 3D 2011, then you are in the wrong forum (this here starts with 2013).

My question would be now: what service pack have you installed?

- alfred -

haha

got me at the exact same time i got myself! after my last response i noticed my signature is outdated. my apologies.

i'm on 2013 🙂

Message 6 of 12
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> got me

😉

ok, the question "are you up-to-date" with your Civil 3D is open ... because without service pack release 2013 had issues with XRef's as far as I remember.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 7 of 12
igi_pop

I see there's always room for improving my precision with signatures and questions.

This problem arose while using Autocad 2013. And i do believe i'm in the correct thread for related questions?

and yes, i do have it updated. thanks for the note on that, didn't know they had the issue..

Message 8 of 12
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

ok, what service pack do you have installed?

What OS do you have installed (as AutoCAD 2013 does not match with Civil 3D 2013 I assume you are speaking about another system).

Does that only happen with images, only with images of type PNG? Or also with other image-types or even with referenced DWG's?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 9 of 12
igi_pop

@Alfred.NESWADBA wrote:

Hi,

ok, what service pack do you have installed?

What OS do you have installed (as AutoCAD 2013 does not match with Civil 3D 2013 I assume you are speaking about another system).

Does that only happen with images, only with images of type PNG? Or also with other image-types or even with referenced DWG's?

- alfred -

Hey!

Okay, it's AutoCAD 2013 with SP2. I tried testing other files and the result - PDF remains referenced and displayed, JPG does as PNG, referenced but not found. All files are in the same directory on the server. Other DWG files in that same dir work normaly with same PNG and JPG files attached.

It's just so bizzare..i usualy don't write many questions on the forums, just find a workaround. But this...way too odd.

Thank you for the effort!

Message 10 of 12
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> Other DWG files in that same dir work normaly

Ok, seems that this issue happens with some specifc files. Have you tried to check them with command _AUDIT or open them using command _RECOVERALL?

It might also be worth to try to open such a drawing, run command _WBLOCK with option "Entire drawing" and continue to work with the new DWG file.

Good luck, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 11 of 12
igi_pop

@Alfred.NESWADBA wrote:

Hi,

>> Other DWG files in that same dir work normaly

Ok, seems that this issue happens with some specifc files. Have you tried to check them with command _AUDIT or open them using command _RECOVERALL?

It might also be worth to try to open such a drawing, run command _WBLOCK with option "Entire drawing" and continue to work with the new DWG file.

Good luck, - alfred -

Will try. Thank you for the effort and ideas.

Kudos 😉

Message 12 of 12
Anonymous

The same thing happens to my drafters who are on 2013.  What I have told them to do and what works for me, is to run an Audit (yes when prompted to fix errors) of both the current drawing being Xref'd into and the Xref drawing itself and then reinsert.

Hope that works for you as well.

Eric

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost