Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xref lines disappear when overlaid with multiple xrefs

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
BrendanHenry
549 Views, 2 Replies

Xref lines disappear when overlaid with multiple xrefs

I have a drawing with multiple Xrefs and multiple layer states.   The xrefs were drawn using archcad, but I'm using 2013.  When I overlay multiple xrefs on top of each other any line that in in the same location a another xref disappears.  A caution symbol appears at the location of the line that disappears.  

I can have the arch save his drawing to a older version of cad and the lines appear, but constantly asking the Architect to reduce his drawing file format is a pain and time consuming. 

Thoughts? Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Looks like you have a wipout in there, or an mtext with background mask on.  Try WIPEOUT FRAMES ON and see if any display.  This would not account for your caution symbol, but may be masking the text.

ETRANSMIT your drawing with xref's bound and post here, I can look at it tommorow.

I rarely have time to post. If what I post helps please use Accept as Solution / Like when appropriate.

Check out my Civil 3d blog at: http://c3dk.com/
Message 3 of 3
BrendanHenry
in reply to: BrendanHenry

Thanks but, it does not occur at my text locations.  The drawing hides any xref line that is in the same postion as another line in a different xref used in another layer state. When i stack 3 xrefs in 5 layer states turns out that most of my background/underlay is removed. I attached a couple of the xrefs and a portion of the drawing for you use.  Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost