AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

Contributor
carabalda
Message 11 of 15 (241 Views)

Re: Wrong date on DWG to PDF files

04-23-2013 02:28 PM in reply to: Shawn_Niles
Actually I already have the full version of Adobe Acrobat installed. That
gives me an available printer named "Adobe PDF" in the AutoCAD print window.
I have been using that for years, and the date/time problem does not exist
with the "Adobe PDF" printer. However, I like the "DWG to PDF printer"
because it is considerably FASTER than using the Adobe PDF printer.

So yes, it IS only a problem for me when using the DWG to PDF driver. And it
happens on more than one system using that driver.
Distinguished Mentor
sthompson1021
Message 12 of 15 (236 Views)

04-23-2013 02:52 PM in reply to: carabalda

Hi, it sounds like you are doing everything over a network. If you start a new drawing and look at the dwl files, is the date still wrong.  

Contributor
carabalda
Message 13 of 15 (228 Views)

04-24-2013 04:58 AM in reply to: sthompson1021

Interesting question. Unfortunately I’m not at work now, so I can’t test this on the laptop I have been referring to. But I’m at home, and I started a new DWG file with AutoCAD 2014 that I just installed on Sunday and which has never been used until this minute. There is no network at home here except for a Windows “Workgroup,” but AutoCAD is installed locally and the DWG file and lock files created are automatically placed in the default C:\Users\Carl\Documents folder.

There are 3 screen captures attached, which show the dates and times of the DWG file, the DWL file and the DWL2 file:

Drawing1.dwg – date created & modified: 8/30/2012 12:41 PM

Drawing1.dwl – date created & modified: 9/1/2012 5:32 PM

Drawing1.dwl2 – date created and modified: 9/1/2012 5:32 PM

It makes absolutely NO SENSE whatsoever! Why are the dates of the dwl/dwl2 files the same for each while the dwg file has a different date completely? I feel like I’m in the Twilight Zone… 

Contributor
carabalda
Message 14 of 15 (208 Views)

04-24-2013 07:26 AM in reply to: carabalda

Well, I have a resolution for the work laptop: I was able to log into the Linksys NAS (Network Attached Server) device at work. And when there, I discovered that the server itself had a system date of 12/11/2007 and time of 3-something AM. The server had been set up to get its time automatically from the default Network Time Protocol (NTP) server at ntp.jst.mfeed.ad.jp (a Japanese website). But that NTP site was apparently not sending the servr the correct date & time. So I changed the server setup to have date and time set manually, and used my own laptop's current date and time as those the server should copy. Now when I update a DWG file or make a PDF using the DWG-to-PDF driver, the modification date visible on the file (or seen inside Acrobat) are correct. Yeah!

This does not, however, explain the test I performed earlier, on my computer at home, which is not connected to any NAS server device and where AutoCAD 2014 creates all its files locally on the C:\ drive. The computer's date and time are correct, but as noted in the attached screen captures of that previous message, the file dates used are August & Spetember of 2012. This remains a mystery to me. But I'm not going to worry about it, as I rarely use AutoCAD at home.

Thanks for the suggestions, especially for making me look more closely into the settings of the NAS server device, which was the correct way to go.

Contributor
carabalda
Message 15 of 15 (204 Views)

04-24-2013 07:30 AM in reply to: carabalda

I mis-typed the name of the NAS device. It is actually a "Buffalo LinkStation Network Attached Storage" device.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.