Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workspace changes are not being saved

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
matthewvclearspaninc
2557 Views, 7 Replies

Workspace changes are not being saved

I created my own Workspace called "Matt's Workspace" and then used CUILOAD to load 3 different CUIX files each with its own set of toolbars.  Once I had all the toolbars I needed, I saved my workspace with WSSAVE and replaced Matt's Workspace.  I then closed AutoCad and reopened it, but the toolbars were not there in "Matt's Workspace." Why did they not save?

I tried the solution at the following link already, but to no avail. That is, I tried going through the above process with both "Do not save" and "Automatically save" checked in my Workspace Settings, but it did not seem to change anything.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2010-2011-2012/Workspace-Resets-when-restarting-AutoCad/td-p/3...

I am using AutoCad 2014

Tags (3)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Before leaving the CUI, try these items:
a) Right-click the desired workspace in the tree and select "Set Current" (even though it already says this).
b) Verify green check marks show when in customize mode.
c) Repeat step a) when done in customization mode.
d) Select the "Apply" button before selecting the OK button.

???

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Message 3 of 8
MDC_quadej
in reply to: scot-65

I'm having the same problem and tried your solution.  Did not fix problem.  Any changes made to a workspace in the CUI are not saved when you close and re-open AutoCAD.  Makes no sense at all.  Also, if I add a new workspace it is no longer there when I re-open AutoCAD.

Hmmmm.

Jack

Message 4 of 8
M_Hensley
in reply to: MDC_quadej

Sounds like you may not have rights to write to the folder where the workspaces are stored. Do you have administrator rights on that computer?

Message 5 of 8

Yeah, I was definitely signed in as an admin

Message 6 of 8

I am having a similar issue about my Workspace(s) not staying put.

I have to save two identical workspaces so I can set my workspace when I start AutoCAD. I alternate between the two every time I start AutoCAD or Civil 3D.

It always seems to resort back to some default workspace. (The profile is fine). So, I click on one of my two workspaces and everything goes where it should.

I'm on 2015 and it kind of did this with 2014 too. I have multiple monitors and I'm wondering if it's got something to do with that.

The two identical workspaces is a workable workaround, but still quite bothersome that I have to select a workspace everytime I start AutoCAD.

Message 7 of 8
MDC_quadej
in reply to: LyleHardin

Hardin,

Do you have the Bridge Modeler add-in installed?  It was suggested in the forum linked below to try uninstalling it.  We have bridge Modeler installed so I unistalled it and now the workspace changes save correctly.

From the Civil 3D forum:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-civil-3d-general/workspace-in-2014-won-t-save/m-p/5270763/high...

Hope this helps.  It was driving me nuts trying to get our CUI set up!

Regards,

Jack

Civil 3D 2014

Message 8 of 8
LyleHardin
in reply to: MDC_quadej

Funny, I just installed Bridge Modeler last week and I'm messing with it now, but no, this has been going on since day one of the 2015 product installs, several months ago.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost