Did you mean: 

Workspace and Profiles

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
glen.mccarley
439 Views, 3 Replies

Workspace and Profiles

I am setting my companies AutoCAD 2015 environment. We have a number of different departments therefore I need to setup a number of different scenerios.

I am doing this using Workspaces and Profiles. I set requirements in the Options dialogue box and then create a Workspace. The Workspace has GUI settings such as a groups Tool Palette, Toolbars they require, other palettes - Sheet Set Manager, External References, Properties, Design Centre and the Tool Palettes etc.

I have named the Workspace (in the Enterprise Menu) "Roads" and the profile "Roads". I have similar for the other groups.

Problem: everything has worked for the past month and a half then all of a sudden the External Reference, Properties and Design Centre palettes fail the show. I click on the "Road" workspace and all is good - for the first time. Subsequent AutoCAD sessions following, even clicking on "Roads" workspace does not rectify the problem. This only applies to the "Roads" workspace and profile, all the others perform as expected.

I tried making the Enterprise menu the Main Menu and the problem still exists.

Please help this is becoming very frustrating.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
LyleHardin
in reply to: glen.mccarley

Well, I'm not sure exactly what's going on. A lot depends on your network setup.

I apologize if I'm stating the obvious below, but we have to start somewhere.

... Are the tool palettes in network folders located in Files > Tool Palette Locations?

... Do all the machines' profiles point to that location?

Be aware that sometimes if AutoCAD is fired up before the computer establishes a network connection, AutoCAD will drop network paths from the Support Paths.  A very weird and a very annoying thing, I think... That's why I always Import a Profile, then immediately copy that profile (Add to list) and make a backup of it.

I will also make a duplicate of my workspaces. I've noticed sometimes AutoCAD does not 'remember' a workspace upon firing up. Especially with multiple monitors and 2015!  I just toggle between the two workspaces a couple of times to restore them. Another annoying workaround...

Hmmm...

After re-reading your post, it seems you have the "2015 workspace amnesia" issues that I have. Multiple monitors?? I have 4. (three 19" and one 42" for dog and pony shows).

I recommend the duplicate workspace trick. Save a workspace as Roads, then immediately save it again as Roads2. Toggle between them when you have issues.  Sadly enough I do this everyday...

Some claim this is a graphic card issue. I've not been able to solve it other than the workaround mentioned above.

Good luck!

Message 3 of 4

Hi,

Thanks for the input, however I am still having issues.

A quick note, however, all my support files are on my local hard drive due to network performance issues.

Cheers,

Glen McCarley
AutoCAD SME and Design Project Manager, Planning & Design | City Projects Office
Brisbane Infrastructure | BRISBANE CITY COUNCIL
...........................................................................................................
Green Square | Level 1, 505 St Paul's Tce, Fortitude Valley, Qld 4006
Phone: +61-7-3027 4806 | Fax 07 3334 0220
Email: glen.mccarley@brisbane.qld.gov.au
...........................................................................................................
[cid:image001.gif@01CED64B.8E4A2C40][cid:image002.png@01CED64B.8E4A2C40] [cid:image003.png@01CED64B.8E4A2C40] [cid:image004.png@01CED64B.8E4A2C40]

The contents of this email message and any attachments are intended only for the addressee and may be confidential, private or the subject of copyright. If you have received this email in error please notify Brisbane City Council, by replying to the sender or calling +61 7 3403 8888, and delete all copies of the e-mail and any attachments.
Message 4 of 4
Soyoung.H
in reply to: glen.mccarley

If other workspaces and profiles work fine, AutoCAD seems fine and looks like just "Roads" has a problem.

It could be damaged.
Have you tred to build it from scratch?

Soyoung.H

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost