AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

Contributor
kmfinchpdx
Message 1 of 6 (1,335 Views)

Windows 8, AutoCAD, Revit

1335 Views, 5 Replies
02-05-2013 01:52 PM

Just wondering if anyone has any new suggestions about installing and using AutoCAD (and Revit) in Windows 8? I'm aware that Autodesk does not currently list Windows 8 as a supported platform. However Autodesk has started to provide support for some of it's products on Windows 8, just not AutoCAD yet.

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 6 (1,327 Views)

Re: Windows 8, AutoCAD, Revit

02-05-2013 02:53 PM in reply to: kmfinchpdx

Hi,

>> any new suggestions about installing and using AutoCAD (and Revit) in Windows 8?

Sorry, but if you need a stable environment for your AutoCAD then the only answer available is not to use Win8 currently.

What's the need to install Win8 now, I don't see any advantage using Win8 with AutoCAD? Use Win7 and it's working fine.

Even when Autodesk releases a servicepack to be compatible with Win8 I would not want to be the first one who's trying that (except I have a test system).

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
Contributor
kmfinchpdx
Message 3 of 6 (1,324 Views)

02-05-2013 03:04 PM in reply to: kmfinchpdx

As I said in my posting I am aware that AutoCAD is not supported on Windows 8 at this time. :smileysad:

I purchased a new computer recently because my old one with Windows XP was getting too slow to run AutoCAD and would not run Revit at all. Windows 7 isn't sold anymore with new computers.

In my posting I asked for suggestions about installing and using AutoCAD & Revit in Windows 8.

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 4 of 6 (1,320 Views)

02-05-2013 03:10 PM in reply to: kmfinchpdx

Hi,

>> Windows 7 isn't sold anymore with new computers.

But Microsoft has a program for these cases to "downgrade" your Win8 license. And that is what I would do.

>> In my posting I asked for suggestions about installing and using AutoCAD & Revit in Windows 8.

You might search for Win8 in this forum and you'll get a lot of info. I don't think that you will get any more informations in a new thread as it is not stable at the current date. You might have luck to get it installed or not, you might have luck to have it running then or you need double time in your work because of crashes.

But let's see, maybe anyone here can say "do these xxx steps and you will be stable then" (I doubt).

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
Contributor
kmfinchpdx
Message 5 of 6 (1,316 Views)

02-05-2013 03:30 PM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thanks for your reply but that wasn't what I was asking for. I have done searches but most are buried deep in the boards where most don't look.

Downgrading brings a whole host of problems with it. Seems likely that Autodesk will include Windows 8 compatibility with AutoCAD 2014 when it is released later this year. 2013 probably would have been Windows 8 compatible had the release date been a few months earlier instead of October.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 6 of 6 (1,280 Views)

02-06-2013 11:28 AM in reply to: kmfinchpdx
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.