Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will AutoCad work on tablet with windows 8.1?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
spoki7
8575 Views, 5 Replies

Will AutoCad work on tablet with windows 8.1?

I am going to buy a tablet with windows 8.1 will AutoCad works on it and which version will work if any? Many thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: spoki7

AutoCAD is not a touchscreen app, so you will pretty much always need a mouse at minimum and a keyboard for any seriously editing.
Other than that, if the tablet has full Windows OS you are good to go.
Message 3 of 6
spoki7
in reply to: pendean

I will buy mouse and keyboard and the tablet will be with original windows 8.1 so it will work is that right?

Message 4 of 6
pendean

Which tablet? Is this meant to be a casual use unit or a fulltime production unit?
AutoCAD in fulltime production recommended requirements are i5 or better processor clocked at 3ghz and 8Gig of ram and a dedicated video card that does not steal from system RAM. Anything else will be ok for a while but you'll eventually find it irritating and annoying.
Message 5 of 6
DarrenP

@spoki7 wrote:

I will buy mouse and keyboard and the tablet will be with original windows 8.1 so it will work is that right?

already thread on this: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-architecture-general/can-the-surface-pro-3-run-architecture-so...

they are using a surface pro 3 sucessfully

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
pendean

That's a good tablet with a tiny screen: in about a year come back here and give us a full review. I've had a Windows 7 tablet with a good i5 processor for many years now so I'm speaking from experience as well 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost