Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I have to resent settings to default everytime i open

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
reckless86
653 Views, 5 Replies

Why do I have to resent settings to default everytime i open

Whenever I open AutoCad this appears aswell.

An executable file was found outside of the specified trusted locations.

What do you want to do?

C:/Users/reckless/documents/acad.LSP

Make sure that this file comes from a trusted source and does not contain malicious code. 

then the same message with this appears.

C:/users/reckless/appdata/roaming/autodesk/autocad2014/r19.1/enu/acadappp.lsp

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
nrz13
in reply to: reckless86

It's a new security feature.  You need to add C:/users/reckless/appdata/roaming/autodesk/autocad

2014/r19.1/enu/ to your Trusted Locations.

Go to OPTIONS > Files tab > Trusted Locations (third down) and Add the location.

*EDIT:  Very good point from Alfred below -- make sure it's not a virus first before adding it to the Trusted Locations

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)
Message 3 of 6

Hi,

>> C:/Users/reckless/documents/acad.LSP

That path is really ununsual for an ACAD.LSP file

IMPORTANT: first make sure it's not a virus, not just add the path because it's the simliest option!

- alfred -

[EDIT] remembers me of >>>that thread<<< a few days ago [/EDIT]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 4 of 6
rkmcswain

See this also:
http://tinyurl.com/pdwm5no
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 5 of 6
reckless86
in reply to: nrz13

Thanks for getting back to me. 

However when i press the options button autocad crashes.

I then restarted Autocad from default settings and the option button decided to worked. I pasted in C:/Users/Reckless/Documents/acad.LSP

When i restarted AutoCad with out default settings the same message still came up, and i still had the problem with the Workspace Paperspace tabs.

I just want to know how to get autocad to stay in the default settings with out me having to open it like that each time. It runs fine when i open it with default settings. 

Message 6 of 6
dgorsman

A fuller description of what you call "default settings", "pasted in C:/Users/Reckless/Documents/acad.LSP", and "Workspace Paperspace tabs" might help - this can mean different things to different people, so clarity is key to getting a good, clear answer.

Crashing when trying to open the Options dialog is a good sign the installation didn't complete properly.  This could be a matter of user rights, UAC settings, or anti-virus getting in the way.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost