Did you mean: 

Where is my second Model Space?

26 REPLIES 26
Message 1 of 27
zzz144
1287 Views, 26 Replies

Where is my second Model Space?

2015 autocad is about to be released. 

Where is the second model space for easier navigation. 

I'll tell you where it is. 

It's not there! 

If you bring around another buzzsaw imprevement and another spying online contectivity tool i am going to quit and sell popsicles in mexico. 

Is there a ranting section? 

26 REPLIES 26
Message 21 of 27
jggerth1
in reply to: zzz144

IIRC = 'if I Recall Corecctly"

uStn - Microstation, the Bentley CAD program.  I believe they support up to eight child document windows looking at the same design information concurrently. 

-----------------

You can use the AUGI WishList to submit ideas -- the ones that get through that process are seen and considered by Autodesk.  Or check on the home page for Autodesk for a Contact Us link.

I wouldn't say 'no competition'  - but the competition does not have the mindshare of the AutoCAD tools.  that may (or may not) change - in the meantime feel free to look at BricsCAD or Ares Commander - perhaps they'll suit your requirements.

Message 22 of 27
jggerth1
in reply to: sthompson1021

cool -- thanks!!

Message 23 of 27
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> it would be so easy to integrate these two into properties. same with volumes

Yes, and it's then frustrating when you select thousands of objects (while property window is active) AutoCAD has to calculate all that stuff and we have to wait until we can continue to work. There are already a lot of threads about how responsive AutoCAD is (or is not) if a large number of polylines or hatches are selected while property window is open).

>> if they wanted to mke things simpler thats how to do it

Don't wait, you already can customize the properties shown in the quick properties, ready to use.

>> two model spaces is forward thinking

plus the sentence before

>> if they wanted to mke things simpler

I can't imagine how a user training would be easier if he/she has to control 2 or more model spaces all associative. Also I can't see the advantage to have the support of more cores during user-input? I have only one brain, one mouse, one keyboard, .. I can't create 3 lines so fast parallel that makes it necessary to have more cores.

>> the rendering engine has stayed the same since 2000

You really think that AutoCAD 2000i/2002 had already Mental Ray included? And AutoCAD 2000i/2002 also did use multithreading for rendering? Come on 😉

Well, rendering is a theme you mention >>>every year again<<< I really don't understand when rendering is that much important for you, why don't you use products like 3DS-Max or Maya or Alias? These products are build especially for rendering. AutoCAD's rendering is an add-on, it's not primary built for rendering.

If you have wishes then please place them where wishes are to place, this forum here handles help for current built in functionality.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 24 of 27
zzz144
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

thanks for nothing alfred. no offence.

but since i am rushing i will be fast.

if you select thousands of solids you will wait. unless you make an arrow for advanced properties. such as volume.

the rendeirng engine is pure trash. I have talked to them and they agreed that the renderings get whitewashed. overexposed. no amount of tweaking the contrats brightenss etc can fix it. its just bad. i think it was first introduced in 2004.

and since 2004 they have been trying to subscribe me to 3Ds max. why - because of money. 

no thank you. i dont want a chainsaw to slice my bread. 

2015 release is around the corner.

on the flip side - love the multi core rendering.

regarding one vs several model spaces - your thinking (no offence) is very reactive. If it aint broken dont do nothing.

never gonna move forward and create better products that way.

if i was the ceo - things would be different. 🙂

Message 25 of 27
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> regarding one vs several model spaces - your thinking (no offence) is very reactive

To be honest, my wish is to get problems/bugs fixed ... not the option to create 2 lines using different cores in parallel (no offending too) 😉

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 26 of 27
TheRuinner13
in reply to: jggerth1

NAVVCUBEDISPLAY

One could set up a set of aliases to turn it on or off with a couple of keyboard strokes. Type in Aliasedit.

Windows 7 Pro, HP Z400 w/Dual Acer Monitors, 24G Ram, AutoCAD 2013~2015e
Message 27 of 27
kasperwuyts
in reply to: pendean

What they call layers in Vectorworks are pretty similar to this. (autocad layers are the equivalent of vectorworks 'classes'). In vectorworks, you use layers to draw different components of an assembly or a structure. For example, in architectural drafting; you would draw all the floor plans overlapping eachother on the XY plane, but on different layers. It's very easy to toggle layers off and on (just like classes), so you can get a very easy underlay for drawing a second floor above a first floor.ALso, you can easily switch of parts of the overal drawing that aren't nessecary to increase performance, without having to mess around with things like classes or individual visibility settings.

Best regards
Kasper Wuyts

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost