SOLVED
Message 1 of 44
Anonymous
25059 Views, 43 Replies

Where is acad.pgp in AutoCAD 2014?

Hi,

I am jumping from AutoCAD 2011 to 2014.

and in AutoCAD 2011 i have alot of shortcuts added in acad.pgp,

and where it was easy to add by just going in the menu, adding the shortcuts in acad.pgp, executing the command "reinit", and i could use them.

In AutoCAD 2014, can't find the menu.

I even found at least 3 different acad.pgp in the directory... added them manualy...

no succes!

help...

Thanks in advance!

Sophie

43 REPLIES 43
Message 2 of 44
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> In AutoCAD 2014, can't find the menu.

It's moved from Express-tools to a standard AutoCAD menu item, with 3 options, besides of ACAD.PGP you have two more files acting similar to ACAD.PGP (similar, but not equal):

2013-06-30 04-18-03.png

And you have also the chance to let AutoCAD find what ACAD.PGP it's using by typing in that LISP into the command line

(findfile "ACAD.PGP")

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 44
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thanks alot Alfred.

I know your solution will work, so as soon is I get to work I try it.

Thanks so mush!

Sophie

Message 4 of 44
ATLASMECHANICAL

But where does it reside in the computer's directory structure?  The findfile command isn't working in AutoCAD 2014 for me.

Message 5 of 44

Hi,

>> The findfile command isn't working in AutoCAD 2014 for me.

what do you get as result when typing in the lisp-command?

>> But where does it reside in the computer's directory structure?

By default it's here:

C:\Users\<yourLogin>\appdata\roaming\autodesk\autocad 2014\r19.1\<yourLanguageCode>\support\acad.pgp

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 6 of 44
dmfrazier
in reply to: ATLASMECHANICAL

You can always do a search from Windows Explorer.  Set your current folder to the root of drive C: and type the filename in the Search field.

WinExploreSearch.png

Message 7 of 44
rkmcswain
in reply to: ATLASMECHANICAL

ATLASMECHANICAL wrote:

But where does it reside in the computer's directory structure?  The findfile command isn't working in AutoCAD 2014 for me.

That is what FINDFILE does - tells you where the file (that AutoCAD is reading) is located

If it returns nil, then there isn't one in the support file search path, meaning it's been deleted, renamed, or your SFSP has been altered.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 8 of 44
rberliner
in reply to: rkmcswain

Here's where I just do not understand why they make this so stupidly complicated.  I can find the .pgp file.  I can also do the menu Manage>Edit Aliases.  My problem is that taking both those paths, F = FILLET in the .pgp file.  When I type F<CR> however, I get FILETAB.  What the hell is FILETAB?  It's not in the alias list at all!  What good is an alias list if it's NOT FOLLOWED by the screwed up latest so-called "improvement"?!?

Message 9 of 44
drjohn
in reply to: rberliner

the PGP file will define the last  F character as the command, so according to your description, you have another F in the pgp file that is defined as something else (filetab?) Make sure your pgp file does not have anothe F,  *FILETAB listing in it AFTER your F, *FILLET.

Since, apparently, you don't need or  want FILETAB, just comment it out or remove it from your pgp file.

HTH

Regards,

DJ

Message 10 of 44
dgorsman
in reply to: drjohn

This is sounding more like Autocomplete is jumping the gun.  Useful tool, just requires a little tweaking to accomodate individual typing speeds.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 11 of 44
rberliner
in reply to: drjohn

Thank you for trying but alas, no, there is no additional "F" later in the pgp. "Filetab" is not even in the file.
Message 12 of 44
rberliner
in reply to: dgorsman

That's it.  It's Autocomplete.  The new "feature" I didn't ask for.  Thank you.

Message 13 of 44
dmfrazier

That was going to be my next guess.

Message 14 of 44
Anonymous

@rberliner wrote:

That's it.  It's Autocomplete.  The new "feature" I didn't ask for.  Thank you.

If you actually want to make a difference in future releases of the software (rather than just complaining about what you don't want), sign up for beta testing.  

Message 15 of 44
drjohn

Nice catch ... I turn it off so I don't think about that.

Regards,

DJ

Message 16 of 44
rberliner

As an observer of where Autodesk steers its products for going on twenty years now, I have zero faith that 'first do no harm' is a maxim that would be heard by signing up to be their guinea pig. It just means getting to see the latest encumbrances quicker. The ability to market trinkets as new shiny features is too tempting to overcome. See Revit stairs. Every release: 'we fixed stairs!'
Message 17 of 44
GrantsPirate

Rather than type something at the command line just go to the Manage tab on the ribbon, look in the customization panel, edit aliases, use the drop down and pick the one you want to edit.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 18 of 44

"C:\Users\<yourLogin>\appdata\roaming\autodesk\autocad 2014\r19.1\<yourLanguageCode>\support\acad.pgp

- alfred -"

I found the acad.pgp file where Alfred mentions but

I found the one AutoCAD is actually using here:

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2014\support\acad.pgp

and this is the one that my 'Express Tools >Command Aliases' edits.

Per this link: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-architecture/aca-2012-2015-pgp-file/td-p/5168015, AutoCAD uses the first acad.pgp file it finds.

Sorry for adding to an old thread, but my own troubleshooting brought me here and I think others will benefit from what I found.

Message 19 of 44

Hi,

to verify which ACAD.PGP AutoCAD is using you can run the lisp command

(findfile "ACAD.PGP")

and the path which is returned as the result points you to the pgp that is used.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 20 of 44
rkmcswain
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Alfred.NESWADBA wrote:

....to verify which ACAD.PGP AutoCAD is using you can run the lisp command

(findfile "ACAD.PGP")

and the path which is returned as the result points you to the pgp that is used.

Looks a lot like post 2Smiley Wink

Also you can do this to simply open the file for editing:

(startapp "notepad" (findfile "acad.pgp"))

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost