Did you mean: 

When switched from 2d wireframe to any other style half my drawing disappears

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
sizzil34
678 Views, 7 Replies

When switched from 2d wireframe to any other style half my drawing disappears

So my draft is basically a box with a sliding lid. Both pieces are their own 3d solids. I designed the box before the sliding lid, and now when I select any angle on the viewcube it aligns it to the lid and basically forgets about the box. I cant explode my box to edit it either. Pretty much the only way cad will recognize my box's existance is in 2d wireframe. Any help is appriciated! Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
nestly2
in reply to: sizzil34

Welcome to the Autodesk forums.

Can you attach the drawing here, and also clarify which version of AutoCAD you're using?

Message 3 of 8
sizzil34
in reply to: nestly2

Happily. And I'm on AutoCAD 2015

Message 4 of 8
nestly2

Unfortunately, I don't have any positive results with your drawing.  The first thing I noticed opening the drawing is that the UCS icon is faded and not it's normal color.

SELECT > ALL finds 4 objects which are your "Lid" and two other Solids and one Surface.  A sort of "ghost" image of them can be seen by using MOVE or SCALE command while they're still selected, but LIST command indicates that they don't have any size/shape.

I also tried to export/import as DFX without any improvement.  Did anything unusual happen (Crash/Unexpected shutdown etc) between the time the drawing was working and not working?

Message 5 of 8
sizzil34

No. I'm not positive when this happened but im 90% sure it was when I cleaned up the remaining lines and used UNION to combine the 3d solids. Still fairly new to 3d modeling so I'm trying to get the hang of it all

Message 6 of 8
sizzil34

And the ucs icon has been that color throughout
Message 7 of 8
nestly2

Thanks for the additional info.  I can't say I've seen anything quite like that before.  My guess is the Solids, or the drawing got corrupted somehow.

Here's what I see in your drawing.  A dimmed UCS icon, and some "ghost" lines when moving/scaling after SELECT > All

Missing 3D Objects - AutoCAD2015.gif

If you're on Subscription, you can submit a support request and it might help them fix whatever caused the problem.

Message 8 of 8
sizzil34

thank you so much for the help. Ill probably just resign it, luckily its not super complicated. thanks again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost