ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Whats Wrong with Audodesk

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
PECMS
436 Views, 5 Replies

Whats Wrong with Audodesk

Im trying to install ACAD 2009, it was working and suddenly started asking for the Activation Code..I hate to think that Autodesk is invading our privacy through our computers, since again the program was working.  I have owned about 10 AUTOCADs products dating almost 25yrs ago and this is the least I need..Small consultants without IM folks struggle to remain competitive and Autodesk is not helping at all..I currently owned Autocad LT for Mac but need to keep a full 2009 for survey progrmas and other consultants that used ACAD full..And one of my personal request was answer by a code without having access to a customer rep..

Again, I ask Whats wrong with Audtodesk..

Jose M Mendez

ProIngenieria

3000mendez@gmail or pecms@ yahoo

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: PECMS

Hi,

>> Im trying to install ACAD 2009, it was working and suddenly started asking for the Activation Code

How long was it working? For 30 days as you installed it as trial-version?

>> I have owned about 10 AUTOCADs products dating almost 25yrs ago

That does not mean that you have a valid license for release 2009

>> And one of my personal request was answer by a code without having access to a customer rep..

If you have a valid license for 2009 (that was not upgraded yet and that was not installed more times than you have licenses) you should just continue the activation process (answer what was asked in the form for activation code), if that does not work you have a mail-adress to which you can send the code request.

>> Whats wrong with Audtodesk..

I'm not sure what was running wrong, but for now it's just an unclear state here (is the license valid, was it updated, how often was it installed, at least why did you now install 2009 when it was working). And I guess that questions should be answered first.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 6
PECMS
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thks for trying to help..the program was originally bought back in 2009. Ininstalled it and work fine for a few years. This was my main acad..the hp eventually became obsolete with virus and started crashing. I rebotted it and reinstalled acad 2009..work fine for almost a year and then gave up.. By then i bought an apple air and bought acda 2013 lt for mac...due to a few problems with this i never really use the mac and kept using acad 2009 until old hp gave up...Then i bought a new hp so i could remain getting the benefit of a good acad full..l2009 was working fine in this computer until suddently started asking for the activation code..btw im structural engineer so i dont really used 3d that much, but there are some prgrams that work within acad that requires full..the 2009 is not being used in any other machine. I have 2013 lt. windows which was part of the mac 2013, Btw when mac came with maverick it took me a few weekss to make it work again..

Im wandering why after being working fine, it stpped working..ive been using lately the 2013 lt which is on same hp..these copies were legally bought. I have used almost all acads in the last 25 yrs and used to be less burdensome. Small consultants care about getting contract, getting work done fast without these sort of headaches, and invoicing and move on

Any help is apprecited..

Thks and have a nice day

Sent from my iPad
Message 4 of 6
rkmcswain

The point Alfred is trying to make and which I agree with is that Autodesk isn't doing anything special to you. Your copy of AutoCAD 2009 is acting the same as anyone else's out there in the world.

If you purchased AutoCAD 2009 and that particular license was not upgraded, then as Alfred said, just activate it and move on. I don't really understand the question you have here. Now if you are successfully activating it and it continues to ask you for an activation code over and over, then that is a technical problem. So what exactly is going on that is preventing you from using the application? Step by step please

Message 5 of 6
nestly2

Perhaps this is a situation where the OP changes hardware frequently, thus reactivation is necessary?
Message 6 of 6
pendean

1. You are posting in the wrong forum for AutoCAD 2009: it's actually here http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2007-2008-2009/bd-p/344

2. You are only describing a local technical problem at your end: why wierd ramblings about spying and privacy? If you are that worried about privacy, why did you post your direct emails on a public forum in your first post as a signature? Leaving off the .COM means nothing to a spammer looking to get to you šŸ™‚

3. Does your PC contain SATA harddrive disk controllers? It's a known issue for older AutoCAD versions, read about it here http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Activat...

4. If not, perhaps you have a corrupt DAT file: removal and reinstallation of 2009 may help, it may not.

5. This is how software activation works normally for everyone not having local technical issues: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=3970195

6. What Windows version are you running 2009? Does the prompt to reactivate occur in certain files? Perhaps very large files?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

ā€Boost