Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the best way to move this object?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Whoopdigger
798 Views, 5 Replies

What's the best way to move this object?

I was able to move my square to the center of my rectangle, but I think there is a faster way. What is faster than my method?

0. I changed my osnap to midpoint only

1. Selected square, found midpoint

2. Moved to middle point on far right rectangle's verticle line

3. Selected square, found midpoint

4. Moved left and found center between rectangle

If I simply find square's midpoint and try to move to center of rectangle, it will not osnap to that point

Clarification 

http://i.imgur.com/NSZenwD.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: Whoopdigger

Welcome to these Forums!

"Mid Between 2 Points" object snap is what you want, if that's not what you used to find the middle of the square.  [Ctrl+right-click for a pop-up list of object-snap modes (it's near the top, in 2015), or type m2p.]  Move only once, directly from the mid-of-2 point in the middle of one rectangle [which you can get by snapping to either opposite corners or midpoints of opposite edges while in m2p] to the same on the other rectangle.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 3 of 6
Whoopdigger
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Whenever I CTRL+Right Click on Midway Between 2 Points cmd gives me _m2p Unknown command "M2P". Press F1 for Help

Message 4 of 6
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: Whoopdigger

@Whoopdigger wrote:

Whenever I CTRL+Right Click on Midway Between 2 Points cmd gives me _m2p Unknown command "M2P". Press F1 for Help

You must be doing that at the Command: prompt.  It's not a command, but an object snap mode.  You must use it inside a command where it's asking for a point [at both the base point and second point prompts in the case of the Move command in your example situation].

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 5 of 6
3wood

Hi Kent,

I remember in previous version, there is a routine to make a shortcut '' (2 strokes) to present "m2p", which is very convenient.

But now it doesn't work (I think from AutoCAD 2010?). How to make it work again?

I attached the code here. Thanks a lot.

(defun C: ()(princ "_mtp")) ;type '' as a transparent shotcut of "mtp" to find middle point of two points

Message 6 of 6
Whoopdigger

Thanks for your help, this worked.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost