Did you mean: 

What have I done!!?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
rypm
336 Views, 4 Replies

What have I done!!?

Hi all, newbie question alert!

I seem to have changed a setting without knowing how!

Every time I try to attach a file, open a dwg or start a new dwg I am asked to name the file or the root of the file in the command prompt. Previously I've always browsed to the file in the normal way of the operating system.

I must have inadvertently pressed something but I can't for the life of me find the option.

I'm using 2014 by the way.

Please help!

Thanks
Ry

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ampster401
in reply to: rypm

Is filedia set to 1?

Message 3 of 5
rypm
in reply to: ampster401

Amaizing!!!

It was set to 0.

What the heck is filedia? Never come accross that before and have no idea how I changed it?

Always learning!

Thank you very much!

Message 4 of 5
nestly2

FILEDIA can be used to suppress dialog boxes during scripts or lisp routines.  Sometimes ESCaping out of routine before it finishes will leave the dialog boxes disabled.

Message 5 of 5
BeKirra

I agree with nestly2.

To rypm, FYI - If you use Autolisp routines and you can modify them, you need to check if there is an "Error Handler" module in your routines. Add an "Error Handler" module in to your routines if it is not found.

HTH

Please mark "Accept as Solution" and "Like" if my reply resolves the issue and it will help when others need helps.
= ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ =
A circle is the locus of a cursor, starting and ending at the same point on a plane in model space or in layout such that its distance from a given coordinates (X,Y) is always constant.
X² + Y² = C²

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost