Did you mean: 

What font is this

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
adeebr
760 Views, 8 Replies

What font is this

Hi, 

I have a CAD file where all the text has been exploded. I was wondering if someone could tell me what the original font might have been used. http://imgur.com/a/uBtlG has some screen shots of the text. It looks like txt or monotxt but it isn't exactly.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: adeebr

A website such as this [and no doubt there are others] may be able to help you.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 3 of 9
steve216586

My guess is  txt.sht

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 4 of 9
adeebr
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

thanks but unfortuneately none of those online websites were able to identify it correctly.

Message 5 of 9
adeebr
in reply to: steve216586

That's what I thought at first as well but txt and monotxt are slightly different from this one, such as the numbers 6 and the 5

Message 6 of 9
drjohn

@adeebr wrote:

That's what I thought at first as well but txt and monotxt are slightly different from this one, such as the numbers 6 and the 5

It may have kerning applied.  That is, the original user may have set a diff width for the text.

FWIW

Regards,

DJ

Message 7 of 9
pendean

Looks like one of AUtoCAD's SHX stick fonts: start with TXT, then simplex, then romans until you find the perfect match.
Agree with others, looks like a width was set too.
Message 8 of 9
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: pendean

@pendean wrote:
Looks like one of AUtoCAD's SHX stick fonts: start with TXT, then simplex, then romans until you find the perfect match.
Agree with others, looks like a width was set too.

It's clearly none of those, width factor or not.  It's closer to TXT.shx than to any other AutoCAD .shx font, being comparatively "crude" with fewer segments, but look at the 4 with its little extra horizontal and vertical bits at both ends of the diagonal, and the 5 that dips lower at the bottom of its left-side vertical element.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 9 of 9
adeebr
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Yes I don't think it's any of the other shx fonts. The closest is txt and monotxt.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost