Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird VIEWBASE behavior after SP2 install on ACAD 2015

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mcicognani
255 Views, 4 Replies

Weird VIEWBASE behavior after SP2 install on ACAD 2015

I've installed SP2 for AutoCAD 2015 on a test machine where I was making some experiments with Model Documentation.

Immediately after SP2 install, VIEWBASE command start to misbehave, these the steps to reproduce the behavior:

- make some solids in model space

- go to paperspace

- launch VIEWBASE command, select Modelspace as model source;

- position the view in a point of your choice;

- close the command;

Normally, the point selected will become the midpoint of the view that will coincide with the model midpoint. After installing SP2 the view, immediately upon command conclusion, will shift on left and the point you previously selected will become aligned to the upper left model extension.

I disinstalled the SP2 but on that machine the wrong behavior remained!

If I open the test file with another machine (equippedwith ACAD 2015 SP1), the wrong behavior will show again, but for new drawings and models, the behavior is correct!

I cheched the date on AcModelDoc.* files and they seems the same.

So, apparently Sp2 ruined my ACAD2015 installation, causing a misbehave in VIEWBASE command that will also ruin the DWG where the command is executed. 

Has ever happened to anyone? Do you have some workaround short of reinstallig AutoCAD from scratch?

Regards,

Max

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
nestly2
in reply to: mcicognani

I'm not able to recreate what you've described using 2015 SP2

Can you attach a sample drawing exhibiting the new behavior.

Message 3 of 5
mcicognani
in reply to: nestly2

Sure!

This is created with the rippled workstation and keep showing the misbehavior even on another machine not yet updated to SP2.

I keep pointing to SP2 because it's the only thing I've done in the middle of the work I was doing. Dozens of models done correctly before applying SP2 and then the behavior immediately shown on the first model created after SP2.

Thank you for your time!

Max

Message 4 of 5
nestly2
in reply to: mcicognani

I was able to reproduce the described problem in your drawing. I also noticed that it seems not possible to create isometric projection using VIEWBASE in that drawing.  (Neither problem exists when copying the model objects into a new drawing)

IMO, the drawing has been corrupted in such a way that VIEWBASE no longer functions correctly  I've seen similar happen in previous versions as well and the only solution has been to move to a new drawing with no existing drawing views.

Was this drawing created entirely after installing SP2, or was the drawing started previously.  If the later, did the drawing already contain any drawing views created with SP1?

Here's an animation of my observations when trying to create drawing views in a new layout in your drawing file.  If you're on Subscription you should submit a Support Request, otherwise use the Feedback Form to submit a bug report.  In either case, I'd link to this topic.

AutoCAD2015 Drawing views shift.gif

Message 5 of 5
mcicognani
in reply to: nestly2

Nice animation! Smiley Surprised

The drawing is based on a template containing only the cartouche on paperspace, and was indeed created with SP1.

Model and views were created on the SP2 machine, 64bit, running on Windows 8.1 Pro.

Unfortunately removing SP2 do not clean the problem, I'll probably need to reinstall Acad 2015 from scratch.

I'm on ADN, since I'm a developer. I believe I cannot file a bug report unless I tie this to some program's related issue.

Unfortunately ModelDocumentation API are still far from being usable and in this specific case I was running scripts to create the views.

However I'll make more testing before applying SP2 to our customer's workstations...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost