Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall create or wall command?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Connect34
7081 Views, 5 Replies

Wall create or wall command?

Hi there. I'm looking for a link or training vid on the "wall command" it's the command that actually creates walls without having to do it line by line. Has anybody heard of this command?

Thanx

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Patchy
in reply to: Connect34

Youtube.com

Autocad Wall Command search, simple.

Message 3 of 6
jggerth1

not a part of vanilla acad.  there are a lot of wall routines, from LISP to dotNet, and of couse, the AutoCAD Architecture vertical.  so if you are running ACA, there's a forum group.  if it's a lisp routine, there may not be anything available.

Message 4 of 6
pothied

If you want to draw walls instead of lines in AutoCAD, I'd suggest that you check out AutoCAD Architecture:

http://www.autodesk.com/products/autodesk-autocad-architecture/overview

This software allows you to draw and model walls, doors, stairs, roofs, sections, etc using objects instead of lines, arc, etc.

David Pothier

Message 5 of 6
Connect34
in reply to: jggerth1

Aha, I didnt realize AutoCAD Architecture was the only version that provides the wall command. I was'nt trained on the LISP command. What would it's function be?

Message 6 of 6
jggerth1

LISP is a programming language baked into AutoCAD, not a command per se.  One can use LISP to expand AutoCAD's capabilities to just about any extent, but it takes some time to work you way into understanding and using LISP. 

Fortunately, there are a huge number of LISP programs already written, from walls, to staris, to golf games, and many are freely available.  Check out the cutomization forum on this board, and you'll get a taste of what people use LISP for.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost